getting in to a salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystals

Reaction score
can any one tell how you get to work in a nail salon i take it you would have to be brilliant at doing nails, ive been doing nails for about six months dont really have a lot of people to practice on, as my blending tips on could do with more work on them.

basically to work in a salon you first need to be qualified and then find a salon who likes your work and takes you on x

i take it you mean doing a nail course, i passed with STAR NAILS, l&p manicure & nail art. i just need lots more practice..

Hi, I have worked in salons in the past, i would suggest you go and visit some and ask if they would consider taking you on as a junior, offering clients a discount, while you hone your skills, It is nice to work with more expereinced techs as their advice can be invaluable,HTH

thanks for your reply, i will give it ago. but i do get very annoyed with myself as some time my nails look great other times there a mess. but plenty of practice n patience.

Hi

You could consider writing to salons and explaining you would like to work in a nail salon and would they allow you to volunteer at their salon so you could observe their techs and do a little work for them in return. eg junior work, answer phone etc. If you show willing its a good way of getting "in". (although some salons may just work you to death with no money do go in and meet them first)
I often get these kind of letters and if i know a position in coming up i will let them come in and if they fit in and are good will offer them a position after a few weeks letting them "prove" themselves first obviously.

that sounds like a brilliant idea as there is a nail salon at the end of my road. im allways thinking about popping in and asking what they think of my nails. im not very brave like that though, so here goes. thanks ...

in the meantime just keep practising, good luck, let us know how you get on.

thank you so much for your help, dianna.:biggrin:

I get calls from newly qualified techs all the time asking if i have any tables to rent, (which i dont at the mo) and i always ask them to call me again in 6 months and tell them to keep practising and wish them luck, there is nothing to be afraid of, just pop in at your local salon and let them know you exist xx

thankyou nikki im sitting here with a big grin on my face now all excited, plus that song is on the radio (amarilo) from red nose day, i love it. its enough to cheer any body up. thanks again. dianna xx

stars r me said:
that song is on the radio (amarilo) from red nose day, i love it. its enough to cheer any body up. thanks again. dianna xx

best to keep that to yourself ( i have) lol xx

ha ha ha im not the only one then isnt it great!!!:lol:

Latest posts

Back