Gift Voucher Donations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princess fifi

Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

I have been asked by a local church if I can donate some gift vouchers for a church for Mothers day, they want to fill 150 gift boxes. I need exposure for my business so would like to do it.

I must say 150 free treatments is a lot, how do you all answer requests like this, do you just give say 4 gift vouchers for some pampering treatments like a 1 hour facial, massage and luxury pedicure and hope that those four women talk about you to their friends, or do you give 150 vouchers for express facials and manicures?

why not give them a small money off voucher - say £5 or equilvalent in ozzie currency or percentage off voucher, that way they get a discount and possibly spend some more money on the price difference of a treatment and you get the publicity.(and hopefully future clients) hope this makes sense. hth x

Occasionally I get asked for donations & usually I give away 2-4 vouchers for what is the most affordable for me to donate. For .g. I will give a voucher that says 'free nail art with any service' or I'll have a charity day where I do FREE nail art for people who do Foster Care.
You could give 150 vouchers (though to me it's a lot), saying FREE xx with xx service... the amount to donate is up to you and I'm sure they'll be thankful for what ever you do give. :)

I think for me it depends on the kind of raffle they do.

For local school PTA things where their number is called out & they go to the table to collect their prize, I usually just donate 1x £10-15 voucher.

At some of the more 'upmarket' dos like our local Chamber of Commerce & Mayors Ball, they announce the company who has donated the prize in front of 200+ people. For these kind of events I usually donate several vouchers as that way your name gets mentioned quite a few times :). Plus more clients come in the salon with their voucher which means more chance of new ongoing clients.

For 150 gift boxes I would just do a monetry value of their 1st treatment. I tend to find a specific amount is better than a %age.

Just a thought...if they need to fill 150 boxes, are you sure they want YOU to donate 150 prizes?? Surely they've asked other businesses too? And would they want each box to be identical?

I'd give them a call to double check what they're actually asking of you before you go and get 150 vouchers printed out, just in case they're expecting a fraction of that!!

I would just say 150 vouchers from a small business is far too much to ask for but if they would like 1 free treatment voucher to raffle off instead of using in the party bags you would be happy to oblige :hug:

Latest posts

Back