Girls i need your help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luci106

Reaction score
Hi all i have this problem, a girl contacted me by e mail (she is deaf) and asked me to do her wedding make up in june which isnt a problem however she lives in london and when i told her i was based in devon she offered more money for me to do the service, i suggested to her to contact a number of therapists in the london area but she still wants me to do it, everyhing sounds weird she may be honest and real however i have a bad feeling has anyone ever had anything like this or do things like this just plague me!!!! any views greatly appriciated xx:eek:

Hi Luci, trust your gut feeling if things dont seem right then I personally wouldn't get involved. It could end up being more trouble than its worth. Its does seem strange offering you extra money, when I got married I wanted to save every penny and I want to make sure all the people making me beautiful were local and would get there on time... you know what I mean.

My goodness! Where is she getting married?

I have to say there's no way I would travel all the way up to London for a client. Would she pay all your train fares and accommodation and extra £xx per hour?

If shes willing to pay upfront and cover all your expenses including each hour you travel then go for it. If she dosnt want to pay upfront then say you have other commitments/clients on that day.

Kate x

My first question would be to ask her why she particularly wishes for an out of area therapist to do it, when there are so many within the area, and see what her response is. It may be that with her disability, you have been referred by someone else and she feels most comfortable with this. And if this is the case it is a pretty big compliment, however one she a/ would need to pay for the privilege of, if that is, b/ you are willing (her reasoning could possibly put you more at ease)

However, if she cannot give good rationale for this, then I would politely decline and insist it is out of your area.

Why don't you tell a white lie if she is still persisting, and say your other half has just booked a weekend away?

I have had people contact me in a similar way to travel to their hen weekends. I have politely declined as I do not want to travel so far for a client even at the right price. If she wants to pay upfront for all costs and you are happy to go then why not. If you don't want to do the journey then just say so, so she can start looking for someone elso. I'm sure she'll understand. :hug:

i would do the same, ask her why she wants you and not other therapists in the london area. IF she says someone has recommended you to her then ask her who this person was, etc. Personally i wouldn't do it but thats me, as for 1 i don't like to travel to far and 2 she would have to pay me quiet a lot of money as that day you won't be able to take any bookings from other clients. Does she live in your town? how did she get your number and where did she see your advert etc? ask her a few questions, if she is not genuine then she won't even reply. If you decide to do it, take a friend or even better a boyfriend or husband. Good luck and keep us informed :hug:

why not if the price is right, and she pays you upfront . go for it.
if she really wants you then she will pay for you.
hth :)thg

Thanks guys thats great im not going to do it her replies to e mails are too sketchy and she doesnt answer questions i have forwarded her 4 therapists in her area and she is now saying they havent answered but if she approaches one of you im sorry and good luck xxx thanks for all replies xx

Latest posts

Back