girls parties-should i just go for it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looby4444

Reaction score
hi guys

think ive posted a thread before like this but cant remember!

i have just read a thread about mother and daughter parties which inspired me! i have for ages been thinking about doing young girls nails parties, and my sister in law does hair so i suggested we team up and do hair and nails parties and charge £10 per girl. 8 girls = 340 each! i figured ill only have to buy varnishes, gems etc as i have all the stuff and a few things for party bags. my sister in law thought it was a godd idea, but since then when i mention it she doesnt seem as keen as me.

so i thought id go it alone but im pretty shy esp with big groups! what sort of things should i offer, what prices and what sort of themes e.g should i take music and food and make it like a party or is this going to eat into my profit??

help needed! maybe i should just stick to extensions til after xmas as i work full time too!

lou x

Hiya - sorry to trot out the same old reply but there's loads of good advice on similar threads re kids parties that are def worth doing a search for! I do kids parties and charge £8 per child but I only do nails not hair. I get the nail transfers from Nailtopia, kids just love their range of 'bugs/fish/little flowers' etc. I also offer a range of basic handpainted designs like hearts, daisies, flicks and paw prints - but 9 out of ten of them will always opt for the transfers

I've bought 10 different colours of cheapo nail varnish for them to choose from and each time all of them only ever choose from the pink colours! Its the same when i do Xmas fairs, they ony pick the pinks lol!!!

I also offer the cheaper end of rhinestones and diamontes etc, it really isn't worth investing in the good stuff for kids as they pick them off/lose them or have to take it all off for school anyway. Don't worry about large groups etc, you're very unlikely to have to entertain them, they just gather round the table as you put your stuff out and spend the next two hours oohing and aahhing at all the things you have!!

I say GO FOR IT!! hth xx

looby4444 said:
hi guys

think ive posted a thread before like this but cant remember!

i have just read a thread about mother and daughter parties which inspired me! i have for ages been thinking about doing young girls nails parties, and my sister in law does hair so i suggested we team up and do hair and nails parties and charge £10 per girl. 8 girls = 340 each! i figured ill only have to buy varnishes, gems etc as i have all the stuff and a few things for party bags. my sister in law thought it was a godd idea, but since then when i mention it she doesnt seem as keen as me.

so i thought id go it alone but im pretty shy esp with big groups! what sort of things should i offer, what prices and what sort of themes e.g should i take music and food and make it like a party or is this going to eat into my profit??

help needed! maybe i should just stick to extensions til after xmas as i work full time too!

lou x
Just go for it do you not have a few little girls you could do a 'practice party' on for free?? you might even get some bookings out of it!! i dont think you should provide anything except your services & the nail stuff - its up to who ever holds the party to provide food/drink etc.
Good luck, shelley xx

I have only done 1 kids party so far but it was great - really loved it! Just wondering - might be me being thick here but how did you work out that 8 girls @ £10 each is 340 each? or am I reading that wrong? Ooh I think I just got it - you pressed the £ sign not the shift so £40 came up as 340? Why not just do nail art and earn £80? I did that but took my daughter as an assistant and paid her £5p/h and we did 2 hours - they loved it. xx

yeah u sussed it! wish i did make 340!!!

yeah gonna have a go at it, just worried id be rubbish with the kids!

xx

Lol!! You'll be great with the kids babes - just go for it!! xx

hi
yes i think you should just go for it, i do these parties, when i 1st started i did a school fair and charged them £1 each you should have seen the queue, the girls who was doing the face painting packed up within 1/2 hour as no-one were going to them,about an 111/2 into doing this it started to thunder and lighten and they were still queuing even in the pouring down rain. i made £45 for 2 hours work by just charging them £1 i gave the school £10 towards school fundings, i even advertised my leaflets on the table along with my business card,
write to schools clubs , brownies and community centres ect

GOOD LUCK
jenny

Latest posts

Back