Glamorous Lengths

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rowley2417

Reaction score
I qualified as a hair extension tech 3 years ago with bell hair extensions and use glamerous lengths hair which is recommended when training.
ive never had any issues until now i did three clients last montha and all have had issues not with my fitting but with the hair either hair fluffy and matted or hair coming away from the metal part of the nano ring bond.
One client verbally abused me in my own home i front of my children when i asked to take photos to send away to glamerous lengths to complain and get a refund it was so bad i just refunded expecting glamerous lengths to refund me the cost of hair but to no help.There customer service has been awful and im left paying the price for this poor hair.
they use the excuse that they musnt have used correct home maintenance ive got myself so upset as i pride myself in good work ive stopped doing extensions all together now.

Have you tried other suppliers?

I had this when i first started. I trained with belle and they recommended glamorous lengths. I tried the hair out on my best friend and cousin first to test the quality, only charging for the hair not the fitting. My cousin was happy with hers (colour 12) but my best friends (colour 613) was terrible after only 1 week. I had to remove them and she contacted glam lengths but they wouldnt do nothing. Luckily she understood it wasnt my fault but i felt awful so i now fit all her extensions for just £20 on top of the hair. After this i decided not to rush into things and only set up my business once i was 100% confident in a supplier. It took me almost a year to find the supplier i have by ordering samples and testing them. I have been fitting this hair 2 years now with no complaints

So what supplier are you using now? I've just started doing extensions and I'm dreading this happening.

I use transform

Glamorous lengths are known for dreadful hair,we use remi catchet and transform with no issues

Cheryl you literally slag of every company except transform..... there is even posts from ages ago when you are complaining about remi catchet!

Angel remy, remi cachet, angel locks, fabulong are the best iv used xx

I use angel Remy, I've used them for 2 years they are excellent I've not had any problems with the hair or their services.
my clients are happy to pay the price as they get around a year of quality out of the hair it's self (apart from nail tip bonds obviously) with the right maintenance and products used x

Love Angel Remy and Glamlox Hair Extensions

Interesting thread as I have been an extensionist for 12 years. Back then the suppliers limited and now the market has many and can be so confusing. Have tried many over the years to fit with the needs of my clients. My experience if glamouros lengths was appalling. From the awful hair to the customer service when I complained.
The most frustrating of all being the name "Russia range" and being told by another extensionist who trained with them they were Russian. When I complained and asked they said they were not actually Russian. Yet I see girls trained by them and advertising Russian hair and charging alit of money.
I currently use a few brands. Hair rehab, beautyworks ( can be hit and miss ) new U, having fantastic results with Simply Hair.

Aw Hun please don't let it knock your confidence and take it as a learning curve, there's nothing worse than an unhappy client but draw a line under it and start again, I use euphoria hair, not had a problem so far and they do next day delivery, take a break if need be then get back to it, there's no real way of knowing how the hair is going to be especially when bought online, maybe check out some new suppliers and check for reviews etc xx

Aw Hun please don't let it knock your confidence and take it as a learning curve, there's nothing worse than an unhappy client but draw a line under it and start again, I use euphoria hair, not had a problem so far and they do next day delivery, take a break if need be then get back to it, there's no real way of knowing how the hair is going to be especially when bought online, maybe check out some new suppliers and check for reviews etc xx

I love reading stuff on here!!! You realise you really arnt that rhubarb at it and that you're not alone!!! I felt like crying today! I fitted a girl's hair the last week. She had a really blunt thick bob and I've only done about 8 people up to now and it took me like 4 hours to blend them and put the whole 200 extensions in to then be told today that she had an irritating rash on her scalp and that she had removed them as she thinks she's allergic to the micro rings! I've not know this to happen yet or to my friends that fit Hair either.... I did do a test, (she wore a couple for a few days) and they was fine and she signed the consultation form that she didn't have a metal allergy etc, but she's taken them all out herself before I could see them :((( she was fine about it and I offered to glue them in but she didn't want that nor her money back. But I just feel so awful about it, I really do. Makes me want to cry!!! I absolutely love doing hair extensions and she said she loved the hair and I was happy with the placement as she had lovely hair so was easy to get really nice neat lines but hey ho! I'm training in Brazilian knots soon so I've said I would fit them back In for her but not heard anything back I think she genuinely doesn't want to upset me as she was so lovely. But I will still honour what I said. Can't help but still feel bad about it though :(( it's a heart sink moment isn't it xx

Aw I feel your pain Hun, I've experienced a similar thing, it just goes to show that you and dedicated to you job as am I,
When fitting any client you need to say that for the first two weeks your head will itch, this is normal and just your scalp adjusting....some will itch some won't but it's a very common problem that does settle down, this way you've covered all of your tracks and of the client doesn't like having them that's not your fault, that just her preference...tell yourself you did a good job and that it's upto her. One part of the job I live for is seeing the clients so happy! When the odd one doesn't show this it's not a reflection of your work...as they say you win some you lose some xx

Aww thank you Debs! Sometimes you need a little moral support!!! I am dedicated, I absolutely love it! I think that's worse though lol if you really love it and put a lot of hard work in, it's harder when things don't go to plan.... i feel so sad for her. And it didn't help that this same day I had the nightmare client saying her rings are falling out and it was like two!! After she doesn't follow my aftercare advice either!! But that's irrelevant as it's two! It's very deflating sometimes! But my skin is growing thicker haha and I'm sure I'll learn how to deal with these things better, as I've only fitted 9 clients in total, so I'm still a newbie really. :)

I've worn hair extensions for 8 years and mine itch and are uncomfortable, but like you say, this goes over time. I know my old extensionist hated having them in, she had them for her wedding day she said - and then took them out the day after lol!

Thank you for your kind words though, I will solider on and try and put it behind me as I know I do good work, and I cheered myself up by stalking some clients haha and all their profile pictures are them posing with their new hair :-D
Thank you again Debs [emoji8] xx

Aw you're welcome Hun, I love SalonGeek you get loads of great advice and of course support when you need it
I know exactly how you feel but in a week or two the feelings will fade and you will crack on! The client I was upset about a while ago, she didn't like them because she was used to short hair (I cut the extensions into a bob) and on social media the week after she'd had them taken out! I just thought what a bloody waste of money lol it's each to their own really.
I have them to and find they itch and they're a pain to wash etc but still love em aw only two! lol I usually tell my clients that it's quite normal to lose between 10&20 in the first 6-8 weeks (beads only not keratin) so their cool if they've only lost 7 within that time.
I'm a newbie aswell, I've only been doing it this year but had good training and picked things up here there and everywhere as will you, anyway good luck and glad you're feeling better about things xx

I qualified as a hair extension tech 3 years ago with bell hair extensions and use glamerous lengths hair which is recommended when training.
ive never had any issues until now i did three clients last montha and all have had issues not with my fitting but with the hair either hair fluffy and matted or hair coming away from the metal part of the nano ring bond.
One client verbally abused me in my own home i front of my children when i asked to take photos to send away to glamerous lengths to complain and get a refund it was so bad i just refunded expecting glamerous lengths to refund me the cost of hair but to no help.There customer service has been awful and im left paying the price for this poor hair.
they use the excuse that they musnt have used correct home maintenance ive got myself so upset as i pride myself in good work ive stopped doing extensions all together now.

I've always been tempted to use Glamorous lengths because their prices are very reasonable.

If the hair was faulty they should of replaced this!

Did they not offer to take a look at the hair for you ?

Xx

No they wont refund or take the hair back.

Aw you're welcome Hun, I love SalonGeek you get loads of great advice and of course support when you need it
I know exactly how you feel but in a week or two the feelings will fade and you will crack on! The client I was upset about a while ago, she didn't like them because she was used to short hair (I cut the extensions into a bob) and on social media the week after she'd had them taken out! I just thought what a bloody waste of money lol it's each to their own really.
I have them to and find they itch and they're a pain to wash etc but still love em aw only two! lol I usually tell my clients that it's quite normal to lose between 10&20 in the first 6-8 weeks (beads only not keratin) so their cool if they've only lost 7 within that time.
I'm a newbie aswell, I've only been doing it this year but had good training and picked things up here there and everywhere as will you, anyway good luck and glad you're feeling better about things xx

Bless you Debs!!! It really does make my heart sink to the floor when it goes Pete tong haha I'm getting there though!! :)) I don't know about you but did you think the course was very very basic and that you've found a lot of things out yourself?!
The feelings are fading and I'm becoming more confident in myself... as I absolutely love doing hair - everything about it, so I'm not going to let that ruin it for me! No way! Ohh I bet you was gutted when you saw she had taken them out pfft!
Thank you for the advice :)) I have written a little disclaimer on the consultation form that some can fall out etc and it's nothing to worry about! And just to keep them and they can be popped back in at their maintenance lol and they will be signing the dam form or I don't get my box of tricks out hahaha!

Nice to know it's not just me, I'm sure each and everyone's of us newbies will have hiccups at the beginning, I am growing a thicker skin as we speak! Take care lovey and thank you again for your moral support!!! Xxx

Latest posts

Back