Glue dipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BexLash

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a bit confused about the correct way to glue dip. On my course I was taught to stroke the Lash through the glue and to cover 3/4 of the Lash, but watching Frankie Widdows videos it looks like this is totally wrong?
I'm finding I do get quite a lot of stickies and have to spend ages picking them apart could this be why? Does the the way I have been taught mean im using too much glue?

Yes that's quite an outdated method. With the adhesives today, you only need to dip the lash into the adhesive and cover the end and then place it on the natural lash.
If you have just trained then you will have a slower adhesive but the same would apply.
A lot of courses still teach to stroke the lash with the extension too. The problem with this is that the adhesive starts to cure because you have thinned it out by stroking it up the lash.
Which adhesive is it?

I'm currently using Lash base extreme. I switched from the glue I got with my training kit as it was a sensitive one and I was finding it too slow

A lot if things have changed and the adhesives are now so strong that you don't need to cover the lash but a tiny bit will create a sufficient bond.
There is a lot of companies who offer refresher training or even just a couple of hours tutoring to go through things that have changed or that you could possibly improve x

Thanks flirties. I think extra tutoring might be helpful. I only trained in May so now I'm worried I might have been taught other out of date techniques.

Yes if you are using Lashbase extreme then you will only need to dip the end of the extension in the adhesive and you will be fine.
Maybe join one of the facebook pages as there's lots and lots of good advice on there. If you do need a refresher though then there's lots of trainers in Kent :)

Latest posts

Back