Glue on lids after lash lift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenz82

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I was wondering how you all get rid of any glue residue on the lids after a lash lift? I take off the shields and have glue left behind on the skin. It looks really messy and I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong?

I use a damp cotton bud and just rub it off the skin

Similar here. Warm water on make up pads and wipe over a few times then pat dry with dry make up pads.

I don’t know which brand of lash lift you are using but we use MyLash at work. The last product you apply is called Nourishing solution which conditions the lashes and releases the lashes from the shields.

I assume other systems have something similar so you could use any leftover nourishing solution (or equivalent) on a cotton bud on the eyelid to dissolve the glue and eliminate the risk of getting lashes wet.

Hi everyone

I was wondering how you all get rid of any glue residue on the lids after a lash lift? I take off the shields and have glue left behind on the skin. It looks really messy and I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong?

Part of the treatment is to remove that, consider it a step. I use the lash conditioner on the lashes so they can come off easily and while it’s working out some on a cotton bud and roll it under the shield.

Once the shield is off and the client hasn’t opened their eyes you can safely use a couple of cotton buds with the lash conditioner on (not dripping just dampened), to wiggle on either side of lashes to remove bits of glue.

After that a wipe with a damp really squeezed out cotton pad in an upwards motion if there is still some on there. Any last bits use mascara brush and cotton buds to remove or ask the client to wipe it themselves as they will be more thorough.

Latest posts

Back