Koleston Special Blonde Formula

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlleyMcG

Reaction score
Hi all!
I’m new here and out of the biz for a while but trying to dip my toe back in so I’m very new to high lift wella blondes…lightener and colour charm was where I left off! I’ll be trying to achieve an all over buttery blonde/very soft warm/closer to cool. Although different, either of these pics would work.
No grey, level 6-7. I was thinking 12/81 + 12/61 + dash of 0/66 and 0/88 with 40vol OR 12/96 + 12/81 OR 12/16 with a kicker? I’m also seeing toner sometimes used after…? Is that commonly needed after with this product? Thoughts?

I plan on taking some Wella specific courses to get me back up to speed but in the meantime, any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_9960.jpeg
    IMG_9960.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6355.jpeg
    IMG_6355.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi all!
I’m new here and out of the biz for a while but trying to dip my toe back in so I’m very new to high lift wella blondes…lightener and colour charm was where I left off! I’ll be trying to achieve an all over buttery blonde/very soft warm/closer to cool. Although different, either of these pics would work.
No grey, level 6-7. I was thinking 12/81 + 12/61 + dash of 0/66 and 0/88 with 40vol OR 12/96 + 12/81 OR 12/16 with a kicker? I’m also seeing toner sometimes used after…? Is that commonly needed after with this product? Thoughts?

I plan on taking some Wella specific courses to get me back up to speed but in the meantime, any help is appreciated!
For this level of lightness and clarity you'll still need to bleach and tone. Especially from a level 6. You'll be lucky to get a clean result on a level 7 most times.

For this level of lightness and clarity you'll still need to bleach and tone. Especially from a level 6. You'll be lucky to get a clean result on a level 7 most times.
Thanks for your response :) okay, interesting 👍🏻 wella says five levels of lift so you’re saying they just don’t lift to required tone or if it does lift, it’s a very warm (possibly brassy) lift regardless?

Thanks for your response :) okay, interesting 👍🏻 wella says five levels of lift so you’re saying they just don’t lift to required tone or if it does lift, it’s a very warm (possibly brassy) lift regardless?
…and is this why I’ve seen toning after using koleston?

Yes, I'm a level 6 and with 12/89 + 12% for 60mins I lift to what I'd compare to an 8/73 .
I get the same lift with 10/0 and 12% pretty much.
You could always do a strand test. But I find anything lower than a level 7 and the result is always warmer and darker.

Yes, I'm a level 6 and with 12/89 + 12% for 60mins I lift to what I'd compare to an 8/73 .
I get the same lift with 10/0 and 12% pretty much.
You could always do a strand test. But I find anything lower than a level 7 and the result is always warmer and darker.
I’m sorry for the delay in my response! Very helpful and informative! Thank you so much!

I’m sorry for the delay in my response! Very helpful and informative! Thank you so much!
I will play around and do some strand tests for sure. I really appreciate your time 😊

Latest posts

Back