Go away orange tinge! Please help! :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairdresser18

Reaction score
Hi guys! Have a problem, I have a client that has her hair 2 different colours of blonde. Her natural base is around 7-8. I took a test piece of natural hair and her dyed hair and matched it on my colour chart fine. I ordered the colours and dyed them and they have an orange tinge to it, nothing like the blonde I matched it up to. What is going on? I am so stressed out about it as I put a 9.13 on as her hair would have orange pigment in it and still nothing, it has the orange tinge! Am I gonna have to lightly bleach it with a 20vol? I don't want to say I can't do it because this hasn't happened to me before and it's getting me down. please help!

Have you asked what she has put on her hair before hand? Home colours etc what makes you say her hair will have orange pigment in it?

Have you asked what she has put on her hair before hand? Home colours etc what makes you say her hair will have orange pigment in it?

She doesn't put anything on it beforehand it's her natural colour that she wants topping up with highlights but it's not bleach. She has an orange undertone, a strong one. I thought bases 5-7?have orange undertone?

She doesn't put anything on it beforehand it's her natural colour that she wants topping up with highlights but it's not bleach. She has an orange undertone, a strong one. I thought bases 5-7?have orange undertone?

7 is yellow if this is happening I wouldn't use any gold just a violet ash something /2 in it

Yeh I agree with blue I'd just drop the 3 Hun :) x

thanks for your replies, ok i will get violet in there thankyou, i dont understand if it has a yellow undertone then why did it turn orange when i put blue on it, would it not have turned green?

Probably because there was gold in there although it's a secondary tone you still don't want to add that to warmth that's already there xx

Ah I get it! Ok thanks so much! :)

Latest posts

Back