Going from a 3N to a 9NA colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a Beauty Therapist so you will have to bear with me, but I do know a lot about hair colouring....

I have a 3N Goldwell used on my hair and I used to have a 9NA with a few thin highlights.

Me & my hairdresser tried to strip the almost "Black" out of my hair to then put something a lot lighter on, but it didn't work (My hairdresser has been doing hair for over 30 years, as being my friend, I kind of made her do it)!

I want to go light, I have a lot of alburn in my hair naturally and I know other people that have gone a lot lighter in 1 or 2 visits to the hair salon.

Can anyone advise on what the best option would be without it looking a boring Copper colour?

Thanks

Carly x

Come on guys, You must have people that want to go from a really dark Brown to a light blonde!! What would you advise?

You probably haven't got a reply because it is posted in the wrong forum.

I think you need to get a hairdresser who knows what they are doing, as clearly your friend doesn't! If you know so much about colouring you would too.

A 3 to 9 is not going to happen. It would require many strippings (which is damaging) and you would still be left with a heavy gold tone. My attitude to colour is, if you have to work hard to achieve it, you shouldn't be doing it. From a 3, I would be aiming to around a 6, you could have a nice chocolatey brown colour or a deep red.

I didn't post as I do not believe you will get a good result from a level 3 to a 9.If, and it is a big If, you got there, the hair would be degraded and show a strong brassy tone.
I think you need to be realistic about what your hair can take. With the best will in the world, near black to blonde is rarely successfull as the hair is completely ruined at the end of it.

Latest posts

Back