Going mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmabeauty

Reaction score
i was made redundant from the salon i worked at, since then ive been looking for another job in salon but have found nothing at all around where i live. so ive decided to go mobile. i have pretty much all the products, equipment etc that i need, just need alittle advice on the business side of it. like, what insurance companies are best? when do i register as been self employed? best way to advertise? etc etc
any advice at all would be appreciate :)
thanks xxx

i was made redundant from the salon i worked at, since then ive been looking for another job in salon but have found nothing at all around where i live. so ive decided to go mobile. i have pretty much all the products, equipment etc that i need, just need alittle advice on the business side of it. like, what insurance companies are best? when do i register as been self employed? best way to advertise? etc etc
any advice at all would be appreciate :)
thanks xxx

Hi Emma

You need to register as self employed within 3 months of starting up. The tax office hold free workshops that help you to pay your tax online and give you other advice to help you get started and do things correctly. Look on the HMRC website.:)

For advertising, you can't beat word of mouth. Do some friends for a reduced fee and get them to give you feedback and then recommend you to their work colleagues, family and friends. You could also get leaflets done (although this does not usually produce a very high return) and get a website and advertise on somewhere like yell.com, free index etc.

There are several good insurance companies out there such as Professional Beauty, The guilld, salon gold, babtac etc. Don't forget to alter your car insurance as well and also to factor in driving costs to your prices.

Take a look at other mobile beauticians around you and see what they are charging to give you some idea of costings.

Good luck and welcome to the world of the mobile beautician!:hug:

thanks for the advice :)
do i have to change my car insurance or will it be ok staying as it is?
xx

thanks for the advice :)
do i have to change my car insurance or will it be ok staying as it is?
xx

Hi

You just need to let your insurer know that it will be used for business as well as pleasure!:)

Hi
I've just recently setup mobile and love it. My aim is to get a good client database build up my reputation and bank balance of course to then eventaully open up my own salon.
Good luck - i'm sure you will love it.xx

If you need any information on Guild membership and insurance, feel free to PM me, call 0845 2177 383 or take a look at www.beautyguild.com.

If you quote Salongeek when joining you will also get a £10 discount.

Latest posts

Back