Good foundation coverage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie23

Reaction score
Hi skin geeks I'm from nail side but I love reading all the forums an wanted your professional opinion on an really good foundation that covers everything an under eye concealer or tricks...I've lost some pigmentation in parts of face due to years of sun abuse oops but last couple years have stopped but I'm really struggling finding a foundation that works an stays put....any recommendations an advice? Also I have dry patches on cheek an forehead if need to know....thank you x

Can highly recommend Jane Iredale. You have a mineral make up that won't upset your skin, a broad spectrum SPF of about 18 and it is virtually waterproof. The colour can be built to provide excellent coverage. Shame you're so far away as we offer free consultations.......!

Vicki x

Estee lauder double wear will cover absolutely everything!

Also check out Kevin Aucoin Skin Enhancer, its seriously amazing its like OTT concealer ( can be used as foundation ) and doesnt cling to any dry patches.

Ive got really dry skin and both of the above work for me.

Estee Lauder Double wear.... best foundation I have ever used and iv been through many drugstore and high end brands x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Vichy derma blend is very good too I have bad acne done times this stuff never makes me break out and it's full coverage ...

Laura mercier mineral foundation is amazing if you want flawless looking make up with good coverage

Thank you ladies being in guernsey we haven't got a lot of big brands so quite limited but I will go see... know we have este Lauder but don't think others :/ xx

Try Revlon colourstay, i had trouble with make up not lasting the day for work and this is the only one I have come across that looks the same after work as it did when i applied it and i also have dry patches ;)

I just got Clinique foundation for redness. I look totally different! Gives a flawless finish x

Estée Lauder double wear hands down x

Nars is really really good I used to use double wear but doesn't photograph that well. nars is very similar brill coverage flawless yet photographs nice and also blends bit easier than double wear.xxx

Was totally devoted to double wear as I live the full coverage and it stays put all day BUT is terrible for photography!!! I always have a white, ghost face :-(((
I have been trying out some others;
Laura mercier silk creme, good coverage but starts to settle in any lines and pores, have to keep buffing it throughout the day, so not ideal
Nars sheer glow, I like this I just don't feel it has the same coverage as double wear
MAC studio fix, again like it but don't think it has the coverage as double wear and it has spf so not good for photos.
For reference I have normal to combination skin :) X

I use double wear and mac studio fix but always end up with a white face in pics because of the uv thingy/spf. Its a pain in the a$$ x

Love Urban Decsy Naked but has SPF of 25 so white face in pictures unfortunately, thats the only bad thing about it though.

Im really loving Inglot YMC cream foundation, no SPF so great for pictures, goes on really well and very very lightweight, gives a very flawless appearance!

Nars sheer glow!

Mac but does go white in photos xx

Well I never knew about the SPF in photos that's amazing, ha can't wait to tell my mates learn something new everyday!!
I love all these recommendations it just so hard living where I am with none of these company's here, apart from Estée Lauder! there is no way I would be able to know which colour over internet :(

Hi,

My tuppence worth.. I have roseacea & super sensitive skin. Max Factors 3 in 1 face finity lasts the day for me. Is fairly inexpensive too!

I also get great coverage from Lancome teint vissionarrie too. Slightly more pricey though

Latest posts

Back