GP form

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jemma890

Reaction score
does any have a form to give to your clients to get their gp to sign if they have certain conditions e.g. cancer, diabetes etc that you need permission to perform.

what information would you need to include
are they a good idea

i work from my home

any advice anyone

I have treated many terminally ill clients, and ask for a doctors letter, confirming that they are ok to go ahead and have treatments. They are usually coming for something specific, rather than general treatments, so this is what gets okayed. I also use my own judgement as to what is and isn't suitable. I hate the thought of someone who is diabetic for instance feeling like a social outcast because of their condition. I do a wide variety of treatments, so can often find something suitable for them, without the tooing and froing of doctors letters! Obviously, when necessary, it's unavoidable.

But I never give them a form, as that's another trip to take it, leave it, collect it, get it to me! Most clients with conditions that need a letter have a relationship with their doctor that can facilitate this.

Vicki x

so it would be ok for me to ask them to get something from the doc rather than me giving a sheet

just wanted to be extra sure you didnt need to give out anything

I think asking for a letter from the doc is standard practise. Some docs charge which I think is pretty poor!

Vic x

My doctors won't sign a form they require £25 to write a letter!

Latest posts

Back