Great Retail Products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wondernail

Reaction score
Just a little market research!! :)

What is the one great retail product you sell that your clients can't get enough off? Polish? Handcreams? Cuticle Oil?

Just out of interest!!! :) :)

I give my new clients a complimentary Solar Oil mini on their first visit. They always buy bigger bottles at a later date and it is my best seller. The Creative Sensations hand cream range also sells well.

SolarOil, everytime a winner.
They need/use it whether they have enhancements or not.
We've recently started to offer resale items 'to order' and there is only 1 client who wants something other than the SolarOil (which we keep loads of instock) and that was a cucumber heel therapy.
Difficult for us to have a stock as we're both mobile and carry far too much around with us as it is lol
what's your clients fave Angela?

Solar Oil and Out the Door top coat.

Definately solar oil babe, i cant emphasize enough the need of this to my clients, they are all good girls and buy this off me, re-order when they run out. Alot of them are addicted to the smell, not such a bad thing its gorgeous !!!

I haven't got any good retail products at the mo..as have only been open just over a week....

I was gonna try nail polishes...but...I have quite a young clientel who will not wear polish...they all like the really white french manicure look, so I thought maybe polish wasn't a very good option as it may stuggle to sell...but then I thought that would be a bit weird for a nail tech not to sell polish!!

So I thought I would post and ask what everyone else does!!

You need a good, but at this point small, selection of professional polishes that will suit your clientel. A french range of colours, some hot summer colours etc. Build up your colour range through the seasonal collections and that way you will not need a large outlay of money.

SolarOil has been voted top product by so many Beauty Editors and Creative products have wonderful exposure in the consumer magazines (which all the younger end read avidly).

If you are not Creative trained you can stilll buy the retail items if you are a trained technicain holding a valid certificate.

You really must carry a good retail range if you are in a salon.

Solar oil for me - I too give my new clients a mini bottle and stock the larger size for them to purchase once they have run out. Brilliant stuff

I've not done a new set of enhancements yet without an accompanying sale of SolarOil.

I myself tried a number of other brands of cuticle oil and wasn't that impressed. Haven't looked back since trying SolarOil - it's FANTASTIC!

SolarOil it is then!!! :)

Thanks for posting this, i am starting out mobile and was wondering what products i should keep with me to sell......solar oil indefinately! But i would like to sell other products aswell........
Does anyone else carry retail brochures with them so the client can "order" or do you just keep a small stock yourself?
I thought this would be a good idea aswell (brochure) and i remember reading on the designer nails website that there is such a brochure available to buy...

Other products i like and use myself is super shiney top coat and the scentsations hand & body lotions creams

wondernail said:
Just a little market research!! :)

What is the one great retail product you sell that your clients can't get enough off? Polish? Handcreams? Cuticle Oil?

Just out of interest!!! :) :)

Orly polishes - dark reds in the winter, and then in the summer anything goes - especially on toes! Also the Nailtiques after artificial kit, nearly always upsell my full removals with one of these. And Orly Slip-it-Off polish remover, it's remover in a tub with a sponge , you just rub on the sponge and the polish comes off so quickly - I always get clients to remove their own polsih in the salon with one of these and they always buy one.

zobo said:
Does anyone else carry retail brochures with them so the client can "order" or do you just keep a small stock yourself?
we've just finished our client resale info... listed all of the products, a description of the benefits and then the price.

we've made it clear that they are 'to order' only, apart from the solaroil, having the products ready for the clients next appointment.

being as this is new for us (both of us mobile) we can monitor the sales and then if we see other products being ordered more often we can start to stock more items.

hth
x

Great idea having a brochure...at least you can see what is popular before you spend money on loads of stock that may or may not sell. :)

I sell loads and loads of OPI polish. I stock quite a large range but they also have great brochures so customers can order individual lippy and polish colours. I also sell loads of non-acetone remover and cuticle oil.

Yeah I am going to do OPI polishes mainly coz I can get discontinued colours very cheaply and they are fab.

I have been thinking I may put together a couple of gift packs, with a couple of polishes and some files and a few gems. May suit the "I am looking for a birthday present market" !!

wondernail said:
Great idea having a brochure...at least you can see what is popular before you spend money on loads of stock that may or may not sell. :)

creative (avail fom designer nails) do gorgeous professional looking consumer brochures which have details of all retail products incl a price list for them all for u to give to clients
they are fab
they also do lovely appointment cards and record cards (made my life loads easier!)
and also aftercare leaflets

great!!!
very professional looking!
xxx

Solar Manicure and Solar Butter! Purchase the large size to use in the salon on your clients at the end of a service and they'll want to buy it - I promise! :)

Jane said:
Solar Manicure and Solar Butter! Purchase the large size to use in the salon on your clients at the end of a service and they'll want to buy it - I promise! :)

I have these too, I put the large ones out as testers then carry the smaller tubs in stock. I don't sell many but I have the mini solar butters which sell well. My main retail item is solar oil minis. I also stock larger sizes which sell quite well but the minis are ideal for new clients as they don't like to spend too much on their first treatment. It's up to them then which size they replace with when they run out. Where possible, I try to carry minis or small sizes & use testers as it is easier to tempt a client to try new products if they can sample them first. I also sell quite a few scentsations lotions but people tend to go for the smaller size rather than the large. I always keep a bottle of lotion on the desk for clients to try. I also find nail varnish remover & files are good sellers. I have the fabulous Creative retail brochures available for clients to look through & make sure I have a good selection of products around me for them to look at during their treatment. A brochure or list of retail items is ideal, especially for mobile techs, as a client isn't going to ask for something if they can't see it!

Latest posts

Back