Grey help, please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littlemiss72

Reaction score
Hi helpful geeks! Popped over from beauty side to ask a question on my hair and grey coverage. I currently get my roots done with 6.4 with rest of hair colour faded which i do like as it does look highlighted. Anyway i have a chunk in my side parting of grey hair which is gradually getting bigger and bigger. When i last had my roots done just over 2 weeks ago you could still see quite alot of grey strands so i went back to my hair dresser who then put on a plus colour (??) to cover the greys, however she only did the front parting section and along the front fringe line and only washed this section too!! My question is should permanent colour cover all greys and your thoughts on my redoo! Kindest regards xx

Also i can still see a few strands of hait which still haven't taken fully. Is this right?? Xx

Another thing the recolour section is slightly different to the rest of my root colour its darker so i now notice this as well as the grey strands. For some reason i cant add into previous post. So sorry for another post!! Xx

Hi Helpful Geeks, wondering if you could help me. I've popped over from the beauty side for some advice. I did try post this from my mobile but it wouldn't let me edit it and then said I didn't have permission?! So apologies if you have seen this previously. Here goes.

I currently get my roots done with 6.4 and then the rest of my hair is the colour fade which I quite like as it looks highlighted. On my side parting there is a patch of grey hair which is sadly getting larger, there are grey hairs here and there but the largest area is the side parting. Anyway on my last visit to get my roots done, the grey patch on my parting wasn't covered fully in fact I would have said only 60% covered so I went back to my hairdresser who then put a plus tone(?) colour on this area, she only did the main area of grey which is the side parting front section (my side fringe parting) and only washed this section too! Is this normal practice??

The colour that has been put on still hasn't covered 100% and I can still see strands of grey, plus also, the new colour is a different colour to the rest of my roots.

My questions are: does permanent colour not cover 100% of grey hair? Also, what do you think of my redo/aftercare? Is this normal practice? I am unsure what I should be looking for and feel shortchanged and disappointed by my hairdresser and not sure if this should be the case?

Hope you can offer me some advice.

Kindest regards.

xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi hun
yes colour should cover , as far as the just applying to the white area ,personally i wouldn't have. And i most certainly would never just rinse the fringe, very unprofessional . So i think you have a right to question . Hth x x

Hi Kaye74. Thank you for your reply. That's exactly what I was thinking, along with thinking I needed to change my hairdresser!! Thank you again. xx

Hi Thinking about this a little more. Why wouldn't my original root colour have taken? Is this down to product or something else? I realise grey hair is harder to colour, but as you confirm the original colour should have coloured my grey area. Many thanks again xx

Latest posts

Back