Guild or Salongold insurance? which one is better?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nila

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I want to get beauty insurance but I'm not sure where to go, Guild or Salongold? They both say the same things but their prices are so different! I don't understand why. is the expensive one giving more services or something? can anyone give me some advice please.
Thanks.

Hi
I can only comment on Salon Gold as that is who i have my policy with.
They are very competitively priced and cover everything you need.
There are also extremely helpful and friendly whenever you get in touch with them which is extremely important.
I've never had any problems with them.

I was with the Guild now with Salon Gold for obvious reasons.

As angelina says they are well priced and offer all you need. x

Hi everyone, I want to get beauty insurance but I'm not sure where to go, Guild or Salongold? They both say the same things but their prices are so different! I don't understand why. is the expensive one giving more services or something? can anyone give me some advice please.
Thanks.

Hi

There are a few others out there - try Professional Beauty as well.:)

The Guild is more than an insurance company, we are a trade association. We offer professional therapists and nail techs full support and recognition. There are also a range of benefits that you can take advantage of on top of the £2 million public, product and treatment liabilty cover, such as:
  • Discounts on Yellow Pages and Thomsons Directories advertising
  • Special rates on Barclaycard Merchant Service
  • Bi-monthly trade magazine
  • National salon promotions - these are with big brands such as Aero, Nescafe and Andrex to drive new clients to your business.
  • Discounts on professional web design services
  • Professional helpline - our two directors are experts in the industry, and you can call to speak to them directly. Lynne has been a therapist for over 20 years and so is on hand for any treatment advice you need; Paul is a business expert and so can help you with your business queries.
  • Free trial and discounts on online book-keeping services
  • Group rates for large salons
  • There are three arms of the Guild: Beauty, Holistics and Nails. This means you can be part of the professional body that represents you best.
  • Badges and window stickers for the body you have joined
  • Free classified and recruitment advertising
  • Free listing on the Beautyguild.com Salon Directory
  • And we keep adding more!
If you need any more information, feel free to PM me, or call our membership department on 0845 2177 383.

a lot of it is personal choice in the end. Prices between us all vary as do levels of cover - see what suits you best :)

I was with The Guild and thought they were very good, but I had to go to Salon Gold when I became a salon owner :irked:. Apparently The Guild only insure individuals and not salons & staff etc.

I was a little disappointed that although I was only about a month into The Guilds insurance they would not cancel or refund anything. However I'm not that bothered coz we're not talking about huge amounts of money here and I can still claim to be a member of "The Guild" and have all the benefits that go with it :)

Jes

I recommend BABTAC :green:

I am also with salon gold. They are very helpful as already mentioned and you can save yourself the hassle of sending off your certificates to gain insurance.
They also cover cartilage for ear piercing. You will be covered to work mobile or home based.
xxx

I'm with Salon Gold, Their price for insurance is very reasonable. And it covers all beauty and hair treatments, they are very helpful too.

hths x

Latest posts

Back