Hair colouring policies. Do I require a patch test?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindseym631

Reaction score
Hi, I'm hoping a hair can help me.here...
I've made an appointment with a mobile hair dresser that I have not met before through a friend today.

I asked my friend if the girl needed to do any patch tests or anything prior to seeing me to which my friend replied no because my hair is already coloured.

When I said I was enquiring because of insurance ect she said the girl does not do patch tests because she had a shop therefore knows what she's doing.

My question is, am I being over cautious or should I call the hair dresser myself and if she takes offence just leave it?

My usual salon is booked up, that's why I am looking for someone else.

Thanks in advance.

Lindsey.
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Are you having foils or colour on your scalp? Foils you don't need skin test full head you do :)

Hi, thanks. Yeah its bleach regrowth and tone.

Hi, thanks. Yeah its bleach regrowth and tone.

It depends on their insurance policy but they wouldn't need to test for bleach as it contains no ppd (the allergen) but the toner will so that should probably be tested, but as I say, it will depend on their insurace:)

Yes u do need a patch test, toners contain ppd and every new and existing client must be tested!

I always test new clients and regulars!!

Thanks guys :)

My usual salon tests me 48hrs before every appointment sinc

*never got to finish that post...

I know that you can develop allergies that you did not have before so like that my salon does this.

I was not sure if this was just them being very thorough or if it was the done thing these days because only the last 2 places I've been to have this as a policy.

Thanks for giving your opinions, I think I will text the girl saying I forgot to ask. Should've done that in the first place as I think my friend has taken offence for her! No pals in business eh? Lol

Thanks again :)

Lindsey x

Latest posts

Back