Hair courses in north east

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaz19k

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows of hairdressing courses in the north east part time as I have just been on a college interview and they no longer accommodate around childrens school hours as i would struggle with childcare and I was hoping someone could help me as I really want to be a hairdresser I am from Hartlepool and would appreciate any information given thanksxx

Someone please help XX

isnt there a nite class option available ? i thought it was available everywhere , hope you find something xx

Hiya hun,
I don't know if this is any use to you can usually get funding for extra childcare for whilst you are studying.

It sucks that it's no longer a New Directions course and not really aimed at people who want to retrain. When I done my l3 there it was mixed so your with under 19s aswell, so I'm thinking thats why the hours have changed.

Have you tried Middlesbrough or Stockton College? I've heard good things about them.

There's also Saks.

And I done my Level 2 at BL, which were fab, although it was apprenticeship and I'm pretty sure that's all they do, it might be worth a call any way because I could be wrong.

Good Luck

xx

Hi,

I've just finished my level 3 at Peterlee (East Durham) College. It was a really good course and the staff seem to be understand about working around kids due to some of the girls on the course had small children. I did Mondays only from 2:15 until 8:30 ish. I'm not sure about the level 2 but heres the link to course info.

East Durham College=

Hope it helps

x

Hi, all 3 colleges that I looked at all said that if any students have children they try and put them all in the same group and do a timetable to suit school times and they all said if I rang up in august they would tell me the timetables for each class and I could choose which would suit me best, so they were very understanding and I hadn't even mentioned it, they just read that I had children on my application form and mentioned that that's what they do witth students that are parents! So maybe go onto the college and talk to the tutors, I find them more helpful that the staff in student services or admissions! Hth x

I spoke to the tutors in the college and they have already said we won't find out the timetable til we actually start college and even then they can change it for up to weeks in the course I was just gutted as it would of been perfect XX thanks for ur help everyone which three have u spoke to Hun x

Hi, all 3 colleges that I looked at all said that if any students have children they try and put them all in the same group and do a timetable to suit school times and they all said if I rang up in august they would tell me the timetables for each class and I could choose which would suit me best, so they were very understanding and I hadn't even mentioned it, they just read that I had children on my application form and mentioned that that's what they do witth students that are parents! So maybe go onto the college and talk to the tutors, I find them more helpful that the staff in student services or admissions! Hth x

Which three did u look at Hun x

Hi, I am in the west midlands, I spoke to Halesowen, Dudley and Kidderminster college and they were all very helpfull. I know these colleges arnt in your area I just thought that the college you were interested in would of been abit more helpfull!

So did i Hun thanks for ur help xx

Latest posts

Back