Hair extension advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weeleelee112

Reaction score
Hi
I have pop over from the beauty side for advice.

I have been using the same girl for hair extensions for last 2 years I started off with micro rings then moved to cold fushion the batch I got 3 months ago were great at first then after about 2 months they started shedding loads my hair look shocking so she said she would take them out retip them put them in and add new hair but with mini micro rings instead which I thought fine so had that done Tuesday I stupidly didn't look in the mirror before she left on Tuesday as I had a client waiting after my client I looked in the mirror and noticed that the new batch of hair was a total different colour my hair is pretty white blonde the new batch she put in is really golden I text her saying this and she didn't get back to me until late that night saying that was the lightest in that range and to try silver shampoo and she will have a look when she's back her holiday . Silver shampoo not do a thing. I'm totally stressed as it's so noticeable that it's a different colour to the other hair and my hair colour.
It seems she must use a different supplier for micro ring hair than cold fushion.

My question is can I get my hair dresser to bleach the hair that is warm? It is European hair?
I just don't get how the colour can be so different from the hair originally fitted. I feel I can't wait I've a week until she's back. Any advice would be great x

What purple shampoo are you using? Have you got a picture of your hair? X

what purple shampoo are you using? Have you got a picture of your hair? X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381349377.924981.jpg

That's the best photo I have?
I have a gold well mouse silver shampoo at the moment x

I feel like I seem this pic earlier :/ well something very similar xxxxx

Is it a mouse or a shampoo? It's quite hard to tell by the pic, how long are you leaving the purple shampoo on for? X

Do goldwell have a silver shampoo? X

Just seen they have x

Do goldwell have a silver shampoo? X

Just seen they have x

It's gold well foam colorant v10 I haven't use it yet I will be washing my hair in the morning so was going to try pick out the warm peaces and use it them ? X

You need a shampoo rather than a mousse, did she give you the mousse?

What silver shampoo did you use first? X

You need a shampoo rather than a mousse, did she give you the mousse?

No I had the mouse from when I last had my colour done what shampoo do I recommend ? A hairdresser friend toned the new batch of hair for me but it didn't make much difference so will silver shampoo make a difference ? X

When I had extensions in they were to golden against my hair so I used osmo purple shampoo, you have to be careful it doesn't make some strands go purple though if left on to long X

I haven't used a silver shampoo yet she fitted them yesterday and then my friend tried to tone them with a toner last night but didn't make much of a difference .... The extension girl just said silver shampoo them and she will have a look when she is back her holiday but that's in a weeks time x

Purple shampoo normally does the trick! X

When I had extensions in they were to golden against my hair so I used osmo purple shampoo, you have to be careful it doesn't make some strands go purple though if left on to long X

This is what I'm worried about as the other hair I have in and my natural hair is pretty white so don't want to affect that. X

This is what I'm worried about as the other hair I have in and my natural hair is pretty white so don't want to affect that. X

You'll have to try and clip that out of the way whilst you wash the rest, might be abit hard if the golden bits are mixed in all over, even if you just give it a quick wash it should lighten up the golden parts without turning the white parts x

You'll have to try and clip that out of the way whilst you wash the rest, might be abit hard if the golden bits are mixed in all over, even if you just give it a quick wash it should lighten up the golden parts without turning the white parts x

Great its not mixed threw it's like the last few rows so ill clip it out the way and I've just ordered the osmo shampoo thank u x

That's ok, it worked great for me so I'm sure it'll work for you too x

Only use it quickly the first time to test it out then you can leave it on longer next time if needed x

Latest posts

Back