Hair extension advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
I have pop over from the beauty side for advice.

I have been using the same girl for hair extensions for last 2 years I started off with micro rings then moved to cold fushion the batch I got 3 months ago were great at first then after about 2 months they started shedding loads my hair look shocking so she said she would take them out retip them put them in and add new hair but with mini micro rings instead which I thought fine so had that done Tuesday I stupidly didn't look in the mirror before she left on Tuesday as I had a client waiting after my client I looked in the mirror and noticed that the new batch of hair was a total different colour my hair is pretty white blonde the new batch she put in is really golden I text her saying this and she didn't get back to me until late that night saying that was the lightest in that range and to try silver shampoo and she will have a look when she's back her holiday . Silver shampoo not do a thing. I'm totally stressed as it's so noticeable that it's a different colour to the other hair and my hair colour.
It seems she must use a different supplier for micro ring hair than cold fushion.

My question is can I get my hair dresser to bleach the hair that is warm? It is European hair?
I just don't get how the colour can be so different from the hair originally fitted. I feel I can't wait I've a week until she's back. Any advice would be great x

Yes you can ask for bleaching of the hair.The difference in the color of your hair extensions may be due to certain reasons. Check for the shampoo you use and opt for the one which is not higher than ph7. Keep away your hair from heat.

Last edited:
I wouldn't put bleach on the extensions! X

I wouldn't put bleach on the extensions! X

I won't be bleaching them I'll try the silver shampoo until she is back her holiday and if the hair is still a noticeably difference she will have to sort it as I just don't get how my original hair was a perfect much but the new bonds aren't.

I paid a hell of a lot of money for this to happen x

I won't be bleaching them I'll try the silver shampoo until she is back her holiday and if the hair is still a noticeably difference she will have to sort it as I just don't get how my original hair was a perfect much but the new bonds aren't.

Mix silver shampoo with white conditioner not so harsh then x

Sorry but this is so unprofessional, I'd never tell a client to use silver shampoo and sod off without fixing, she would have known colour difference before fitting. I'd find a new extension professional al if I was you after this. Terrible service and attitude. The shampoo might work but might take a few washes as your basically trying to kill the golden pigmentation. Did she say what colour she used? Wella do some great silver toners which should give you a faster result than shampoo

Sorry but this is so unprofessional, I'd never tell a client to use silver shampoo and sod off without fixing, she would have known colour difference before fitting. I'd find a new extension professional al if I was you after this. Terrible service and attitude. The shampoo might work but might take a few washes as your basically trying to kill the golden pigmentation. Did she say what colour she used? Wella do some great silver toners which should give you a faster result than shampoo

I agree, she obviously knew they weren't the correct colour match but continued to fit them. I would ask her why she fitted them when they don't match?! X

I will he saying all this to her when she is back I will be getting her to sort th then be finding someone new for next time I've used her several times before without a problem.

I'm sure my hairdresser used a colour fresh to try kill the warmth xx

Latest posts

Back