Hair extension removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmamb

Reaction score
I'm a hairdresser but don't do extensions-anyway,I was cutting my cousins hair yesterday who recently had bonded extensions in and she was advised by the person who fitted the extensions to remove them with a pair of pliers and some acetone?! Am I wrong in thinking that they shouldn't b removed by a non professional? She also asked how much she should be charged for removal-I hadn't got a clue but personally thought removal should be part of the service?

Hey huni extensions should only be removed by a professional to limit damage to the natural hair i charge £35 per hour for removal which includes blowdry however if they are having them replaced with a new set the removal is free but always removed by a pro xxx

I have been having pre bond hair extensions for 3 years and i always remove mine myself however i have been shown by a pro how to do it. You should NEVER use acitone on the haor ever! This really annoys me how some techs think its alright for the hair. If you have ecr used actone on your nails you will see how it drys your nail bed as is removes the polish of it does this to the nail what does it do to your nails? Its not good for hair atall unles the extensions are super glued in LOL! Why not try a deep conditioning treatment over night to loosen the bonds and then mash down with the hair extension removal pliers and the extension should come free in your hand. I also like to use baby oil it doesnt damage the hair shaft atall! Sometimes when the bond comes out hair is attached but this is due to natural hair loss that wee loose everyday it should have a waterfall effect and have small hair bulbs on the end. I loove when its time to remove my bonds lol strange but its fun haha. Good luck xxxx

Latest posts

Back