Hair extensions... advice please :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
hey! right i am qualified at hair so please don't get mad for me posting in here, but i really want to get some hair extensions for myself but don't really know the first thing about them? whats the best way to have them put in? i was thinking weave because i get bored quite easily so if i did then it wouldnt be too much of an expensive mistake, but then i am a long hair addict and i think i'll end up loving them loads, my friend gets bonded and they look really natural, my hairs really fine but i have loads of it so i'm thinking weave will show through? any advice?

hey! right i am qualified at hair so please don't get mad for me posting in here, but i really want to get some hair extensions for myself but don't really know the first thing about them? whats the best way to have them put in? i was thinking weave because i get bored quite easily so if i did then it wouldnt be too much of an expensive mistake, but then i am a long hair addict and i think i'll end up loving them loads, my friend gets bonded and they look really natural, my hairs really fine but i have loads of it so i'm thinking weave will show through? any advice?
micro ring weft - as a temporary solution, as you will need a correction in about 5 weeks time.

or microring hair extensions. also can try shrinkies. I like them a lot. although my customers almost never choose them as never heard about them.

micro ring weft - as a temporary solution, as you will need a correction in about 5 weeks time.

or microring hair extensions. also can try shrinkies. I like them a lot. although my customers almost never choose them as never heard about them.

thank you for your advice :D

hi

If you wear hair extensions, it is important that you have purchased your own hair to treat hair. Since hair extensions is a scalp of moisture they receive, they are in constant need for moisture. Too much moisture, but a greasy appearance. Wash your hair extensions to track every three to five days with a mild shampoo conditioner moisturizer to unravel. A deep conditioner once a week to be extensions to obtain optimal moisture protection. When styling Always use a soft brush and a broad back. Never heat the hair extension, without applying a heat protection product first.

Personally I prefer bonded extensions. I use Raccoon method.

Is it worth buying good clip ins to try so that you can chop and change?

Really good hair and a really good technician are not cheap, so you need to be sure first. It's no good spending 5-600 quid, the deciding you fancy short hair or a change of colour!

i did think of clip ins, but then i decided i am a big hair addict so i wanted extensions and clip ins, lol do you think thatll be too much? thanks for all your advice :D

i used clip ins for a while and at the temples of my head my hair started going very fine so i stopped using them , i even moved them up or down changed where the clips were but same thing and i have good string hair and not fine . jules

i used clip ins for a while and at the temples of my head my hair started going very fine so i stopped using them , i even moved them up or down changed where the clips were but same thing and i have good strong hair and not fine . jules
i have had weave and pre bonded with keratin nail tips and i have to say i preferred the weave :)

i have had weave and pre bonded with keratin nail tips and i have to say i preferred the weave :)

is it still possible to put your hair up if you have a weave? sorry thats properly a really silly question lol but back in the day when i was like 15 and everyone used to glue hair extensions to their heads with that crusty cheesey glue, i could never put my hair up because they all bent and wouldnt go the other way...if that makes sense?

is it still possible to put your hair up if you have a weave? sorry thats properly a really silly question lol but back in the day when i was like 15 and everyone used to glue hair extensions to their heads with that crusty cheesey glue, i could never put my hair up because they all bent and wouldnt go the other way...if that makes sense?

I'v got the weave and I can put my hair up - they leave some hair at the bottom so the tracks don't show. I'v had nearly every type of extensions and prefer the weave by a mile, wouldn't get anything else in now x

I discovered Rapture hair extensions they are fitted with a tape I had used Balamain and still do but Rapture sit really flat and they are quicker and cheaper to put in more details here from a salon doing Hair Extensions Bradford I think they originated in germany the tape reacts with the hairs keratin I not right up with the science bit!

Latest posts

Back