Hair extensions methods!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E86llie

Reaction score
What would you say is the most common method of hair extensions, Pre-bond, weft, micro ring/bond, micro weft, fusion bonded or shrink tubes?

Fusion is my main method as it is so versatile.

Hi,
For me, I think they're all as popular.
When I was first starting up,and only had a handful of clients it was fusion,as they were the only ones around then really,but i did have to turn clients away,as they werent suitable.

I think the best thing to do is, if youre thinking training wise,is to train in all methods.

If you do only want to offer a couple of method's, I would go pre-bonded,less mess, they stay in longer, no shedding easier to fit, easier to guess how many you will need, it's easier to keep the left overs for other clients, they're just great all round.
And micro rings, great to advertise to those clients who dont want any glue applied to the hair,theyre easily removed, minimum shedding. That way you've at least got a permanent,and a temporary method to offer different types of clientelle.
Kate x

I do agree with endless , that it is wise to train in all methods.
However i also feel it is good to master one technique first to gain your confidence, then train in other methods from then on.My trainer was of the mindset that the first method you should learn is fusion - bonded master that and then go from there.

Hi, I'm trained in Pre-bonded and have been doing them for 4years I just was looking to offer my clients something different x

Pre bonded fusion for me but I guess it's also because I tend to push it as it to me looks the most natural and is the least detectable. Also being a seasoned fusion extension wearer I really like them and know them. I think they work with more textures as some other are not suitable for oily or fine hair. I mostly only do micro ribs now when clients are scared of glue and heat even Though I try to advice them there shouldn't be damage, some are still terrified of the idea.

I prefer shrinkies, prebonded, micro rings, then fusion

Has any one tryed cold fusion yet? xx

Pre bonded fusion for me but I guess it's also because I tend to push it as it to me looks the most natural and is the least detectable. Also being a seasoned fusion extension wearer I really like them and know them. I think they work with more textures as some other are not suitable for oily or fine hair. I mostly only do micro ribs now when clients are scared of glue and heat even Though I try to advice them there shouldn't be damage, some are still terrified of the idea.

So, out of interest, how damaging is pre-bonded really? I have fine hair and am looking to get the sides done but still want it to grow? I know its probably like most things, done by a pro there should be no damage, but i am desperate for my hair to grow but the sides are v.short and fine :sad:

Many thanks xx

Has any one tryed cold fusion yet? xx

Hi,

Yes, I've been doing cold fusion for years, was the first method I ever learnt.

I often do my own inbetween fittings, great for weddings, photoshoots etc .

Kate x

Hi,

Yes, I've been doing cold fusion for years, was the first method I ever learnt.

I often do my own inbetween fittings, great for weddings, photoshoots etc .

Kate x

You must be thinking of something else? As cold fusion takes just as long as normal fusion. I think the OP refers to the one using ultra sonic to seal the bonds no? Or maybe I misunderstood what you both meant.

You must be thinking of something else? As cold fusion takes just as long as normal fusion. I think the OP refers to the one using ultra sonic to seal the bonds no? Or maybe I misunderstood what you both meant.

If anything the ultrasonic takes longer than normal fusion to melt the bond sufficiently. x

Are the fusion extensions easy to remove? Is that where the hair comes with a nail tip that you roll onto the hair once it's been heated xx

Are the fusion extensions easy to remove? Is that where the hair comes with a nail tip that you roll onto the hair once it's been heated xx

Yes! They should be easy to remove as long as the glue is good quality. Poor quality glue gets gooeye and is harder to remove. Otherwise all you should be able to do is put a remover solution, crack the bond and remove it gently.

Latest posts

Back