Hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louiselowe88

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a client who has pre-bonded extensions. I can only got around 80 1g strands before I run out of room. Her head is rather small and hair is thin. I have two new clients who are wanting the same method and hair. Their hair is rather thin too. Would I be better to fit 0.5g strands or continue with the 1g. My original client loves her hair do it's not like I've had any complaints.

Thanks x

Can you show us pictures?

A weft may be better, you will get far more in and it looks like more.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1495652914.288277.jpg

That's a before and after picture of my current client

I thought that wefts were no good for thin hair?

I thought that wefts were no good for thin hair?

You are correct. No wonder i receive so many consultations from unhappy women who've had weaves put into their fine hair. NO NO. Are you trained hot fusion? if you are, you could apply micro bonds which are effectively very small bonds which you would create using a melted keratin whilst attaching strands of hair. This is a great method for thin hair as you can place lightweight attachments in areas where your clients hair is particularly fine and concentrate the slightly thicker ones to the back.

Sorry is micro bonds the same as pre bonded? Sorry just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly :)

Pre bonded is the the ones you melt in, do you mean micro loops? that is the one with the beads.

You are correct. No wonder i receive so many consultations from unhappy women who've had weaves put into their fine hair. NO NO. Are you trained hot fusion? if you are, you could apply micro bonds which are effectively very small bonds which you would create using a melted keratin whilst attaching strands of hair. This is a great method for thin hair as you can place lightweight attachments in areas where your clients hair is particularly fine and concentrate the slightly thicker ones to the back.

Not necessarily, I think it is down to who fits the hair placing too much weight in ratio to the natural hair. I have plenty of clients with finer hair who wear weaves with no issues. I also have a client who insists on having a weave as she has a major iron deficiency which causes her hair to thin and fall out in certain areas, and the weave is the best option for her as she has previously had pre bonds that just fall out all the time.

No pre bonded and hot fusion micro bonds are different. Hot fusion uses loose hair, you use keratin glue sticks in a hot glue gun and add tiny blobs to the loose hair strands and apply to the natural hair. That's why is completely customisable. You select the number/amount of hairs and the amount of keratin.

So many names it's confusing!

Yes it's very confusing. I'm not trained in that method. Only the pre bonded

Not necessarily, I think it is down to who fits the hair placing too much weight in ratio to the natural hair. I have plenty of clients with finer hair who wear weaves with no issues. I also have a client who insists on having a weave as she has a major iron deficiency which causes her hair to thin and fall out in certain areas, and the weave is the best option for her as she has previously had pre bonds that just fall out all the time.

La weave aka micro sew in or Hollywood weave aka mico wefting are great for adding thickness and applied correctly should be fine.

Nano Rings for fine hair!!

Latest posts

Back