Hair | London Salon Offers Metallic Dye Jobs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Holy hair news! This is what I've been waiting for and now that I've read about it, I can't believe I haven't heard of this before. London salon Hari's is offering what they call "New Metallics" and it looks like the metallic hair dye look could be a pretty defining trend in 2015.

Speaking to thegloss.com, Mel Halacoglu, senior colorist at Hari’s said, "Unlike the gold and silver flecks found in some nail polishes, there is no actual metal in the dye—it’s more about the magical sheen it produces. These aren’t just highlights that are plonked on without any thought—I call that the ‘worm’ look, where you just see squiggly wormlike lines in hair…it distresses me to see that,” she said. … Instead, she uses the balayage technique to apply the exclusive golden-honey hue - that instantly adds radiance to dull strands and warms up a pallid complexion.

It's London and it's a colour treatment so it'll cost you your kidney (starting from approx. £150) but it could be a great way to revamp your client's hair and brighten up their look.

Ok, so it may not be the bright, shiny, gold/silver hair that I imagined at first, but I like the idea so who knows, maybe this blonde will go get herself some gold.

Until then…geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• haris-metallic-hair-dye-trend.jpg
    haris-metallic-hair-dye-trend.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 188
'Golden Honey hues around the face to warm up the complexion'.

Lots of us have been using a Balayage technique (painting by hand) to place colour where it will enhance or deflect particular aspects of a clients' features for some time now.

However, charging £150 a time and calling it the Metallic trend - now that's what I call a new marketing ploy! :D

Latest posts

Back