Hair products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uzzi

Reaction score
im opening my salon in a month and wanted advise on hair products. i have got in touch with tigi?? any advise on any others?

Well funny you ask this as we are a matrix salon and got rid of our last Tigi stock only last week, as TESCO are having it in there new salon thing in tesco stores so hence why we got rid, but our matrix rep came in last week and has told us to hang on till june as they are lauunching a new whole brand and he did not know much about it except all he could say was it was going to be BIG and to compete with the supermarkets, so we are holding out till then.

6886. wow really. thats is great to know. thanks so much for that. tigi in tesco.....blimey. so you think i should wait then. did you wait until you opened your salon till you decided what you was going to use?

why and how on earth are tescos managing to stock Tigi?! since when? :evil:

I think in tescos trial salons they will be using them x

Hi
well the tigi in tesco is the Hair salon group that tesco are asetting up they are going to open 186 salons this year and next.

When we first opened we had all Tigi and our problems started about 2 years ago when we discovered that Tj hughes and Tk maxx started selling the range too at very discounted prices, so that is when we have knocked it on the head, and over the last year we have had the odd Biolage deal of the local matrix rep and you know what they sell instantly, and we have been using random bits of Back bar shampoo & conditioner and we love it, very affordable and the customers love it.
Good luck with what you do

It's going to be supercuts in tesco's and sainsburys!!! I used to be a manager for Regis and we were told this at the beginning of the year, which is one more reason I left

Sent from my iPod touch using SalonGeek

It's going to be supercuts in tesco's and sainsburys!!! I used to be a manager for Regis and we were told this at the beginning of the year, which is one more reason I left

Sent from my iPod touch using SalonGeek

I hadn't realised it was Sainsbury's as well, just thought Tesco were opening salons. Crikey!

Uzzi, please avoid TIGI, as others have reported. IMO It will not be an asset to your retail or salon. We are just about to sell our stock of TIGI. We've not had a rep for over 18 months, their customer service is terrible, so please avoid.

If you search TIGI on SG, you will find various others on here advising to avoid them.

We are currently looking for various other brands to stock.

HTH's

i dont like tigi to be honest , i really think its hyped up to beyone what it can actually do
over here they sell it in walmart etc.. i have some tigi i got ages ago but i just use it at home ..

i love the sexy hair range it really is fab stuff .. backcomb in a bottle is truly the most amazing stuff i have ever used !!!
i also like kms and the wella range too :green:

Hi there!

Blondi Rae is a new, high-quality product range supplied direct from the factory to the salon, thus cutting out wholesale costs & saving you money!

We currently offer shampoos & conditioners (1L & 5L) in a colour range, shine range & repair range, as well as intensive masques, gloss treatments, & our revolutionary new hair colour remover.

If you want more info, visit Blondi Rae™ hair products and salon supplies | Home or follow Blondi Rae herself on Twitter: Blondi Rae (BlondiRae) on Twitter

Hope this helps!

I would say Paul Mitchell , or redken good products and redken do a great colour range too

We got rid of our Tigi after hearing this too, there are way too many salons in our area who were using this and wanted to be different.

We tryed Sexy Hair on sale or return, most of the products were good, but the range is just too big. Stocking them on your shelf is like walking into Boots, they all look so different it's confusing.

We ave now switched to Osis and opened an account with Schwarzkopf, its affordable for clients, the Bonacure shampoo is lovely.

I would totally reccommend Schwarzkopf x

Latest posts

Back