Hair Straighteners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi

Reaction score
Could someone please put me on the right track, what are the best value for money hair straighteners my hairdresser wants me to buy GHD's which are $300.00 all the other ones I have seen are priced around $80-$150.00.

Surely that must mean GHD's are good (I suppose) but wont any other make do the same job???

Help please.

Kimi:confused:

i have got ghds they are v coolio totally worth the extra money :) altho im nt too sure abt oz prices....
heres a link to the website... hope it works ;)

http://www.ghdhair.com/uk/index.php

hth

Jess
xox

Hi kimmi,

We use GHD's(Good Hair Day) in our salon and although they retail at £99 per pair our staff would use nothing else. We sell loads of them and they are great. They heat up really quickly and as long as you use the straighening oil the damage to your hair is minimal.

Karenx

Yep big price but worth every penny GHD wins my vote every time. :D

yea, they are pricey, but they are excellent. I've tried loads of hair straighteners but these are the only ones that really work. I can go to bed at night and my hair is still sleek when I wake up in the morning (no minging bed head for the boyfriend to see, lol). I've got pink ones ;D

Hi Kimi,

Definatly go with GHD yeah you end up paying more for it but you only get what you pay for.
hth
Kathy:wink2:

thanks guys, looks like GHD's then.

Kimi,

I have some by Hair Tools and they are also fab. Heat up in seconds. A friend recommended them. My hairdresser uses GHD so I can compare - I find mine work equally as well.

B x

Hi

Loads of good reliable brands out there. Kodo around £90 Voguetti £39.95 the latter are a real bargain solid ceramic 200 degrees which really is hot enough, nice and weighty too so easier to straighten.

GHD's are the ones to go with - you can't go wrong!

Hi Kimi, it completely depends on what type of look you prefer!

If you like your hair to be pin straight then the ghd's are the best, but if you like a more naturally straight look then they are more tricky to use for this! You would need to get ones that didn't get quite so hot, the ghd get up to 230 degrees!!!!

I have the ghd's and love them to bits, I use them to straighten, flick, curl and I even do my mates every weekend before we go out!!!

I've had my ghd's for 2 years and they are fantastic! Reccomend them any day, worth every penny!

GHD's all the way baby!!

Hiya,

Its got to be GHD, my hair is really thick and naturally curly and i ahve loads of it, GHD are the only only straightners that make my hair straight, they are deffo worth the extra money!!!!!!

Amanda

Hiya,

Its got to be GHD, my hair is really thick and naturally curly and i ahve loads of it, GHD are the only only straightners that make my hair straight, they are deffo worth the extra money!!!!!!

Amanda
I have a Babyliss Pro straightener and I can change the temperature on them rather than using the same temperature like the GHD's which i find keeps my hair in better condition. BaByliss Pro - Inspiration For Professionals

ghd's are the best imo if you want your hair really really straight lol, they only heat up to 180 degrees which is a bonus as its not so harsh on the hair as other straightners can go up 230 degrees

ghd IV Styler Collection – find the right ghd IV styler check out the website that should help you out a bit more

Latest posts

Back