Hairdresser needing colour help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tashaonline

Reaction score
Hi
I am a level 2 hairstylist so not as experienced with colour changes, so any help would be appreciated!
I want to go brown (I have had bleach blonde highlights for years) I had full head foils only 3 weeks ago, my hair now feels like straw and ends are all bitty and breaking off, and my roots look awful already (went to new hairdressers, who I will not be going to again!)

However I have tried going a nice chocolate brown last year, and it just looked really washed out, warm orangey brown. I think it was a 6/0 with 6/75 (wella)

Someone I spoke to said a semi would probably be better?

I will try to add pictures
x

Attachments

• 26072011698.jpg
    26072011698.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 672
colour I would like to go

Attachments

• brown.jpg
    brown.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 63,506
anyone? please:|

pleasssssse getting desparate

My phone is playing up I'll pm you lol x

Last edited:
Hi

This kind of colour correction is covered in level 3. You need to pre-pig the hair with warm tones eg copper/red so the target colour will not be translucent and appear matt/ green. I would recommend re-colouring with quasi. Best wishes xxx

Hi
I would pre pig then choose a semi, no need to go permanent as there will be no lifting, only depositing. What brand of colour are you using? x

Hi thanks for the replies :) I use wella and sometimes matrix, I have heard that I dont have to pre pig with matrix but not sure? I know that I would need to prepig reddy but not sure what with, a semi too? and what colour a red red or just a brown with red in?:rolleyes:

I did this last year my hairdresser recommended I just put wella colour touch 5/73 straight over no pre pigging I used 4% it came out a lovely brown and didn't fade for ages but when it did fade it looked really chocolaty and nice
Hope that helps

if you can suss out the underlying tone, and the tone you require, you can choose your shade to counteract as its developing so you don't have to pre pig, red will neutralise any green tones, so add something red in with your colour, also, a 6% (20vol) can be used to soften the hair to make the colour grab, but... if the condition is really bad, then just use a semi.
And get yourself a good conditioning treatment, hope this helps x x

Latest posts

Back