Hairdressing NVQ Level 2 interview!! Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samilou

Reaction score
Hey Everyone so I'm 27 and hoping to go to college to do my nvq level 2 in hairdressing. I have my interview next week and Im freaking out!!!!I've been wanting to go back to college to do hair for years.
What I don't understand is that the interview can take up to 2hrs, what on earth could take this long????
If I have a trade test, what will I be asked to do as I'm not too sure.
Anyone that can shed some light, it will be greatly received

There will be no trade test as you are not trained yet.
Chances are you will be asked to sit a maths and English test to find out your level of education.
There will probably be quite a lot of hanging around too as they try and fit in as many interviews as possible.

Samilou
Do not stress! I was as worried as you last year (I am half way through my level 2 now).

This is what happened during my 'interview' - there were 3 parts to it!

I sat through a presentation that told you about the college and the specific course and what will be required of you.
I had a one to one interview which mainly asked why I wanted to do the course and we chatted about my previous exams and career/experience.
Thirdly, most nerve wracking, was a practical exercise - after a short demonstration we had to do some sectioning (this was not an assessment, they just wanted to see how dextrous we were). I think other students I know were given other tasks, ie putting a few rollers in etc.

I then was called back for an English, Maths, and ICT assessment (for placement requirements).

Again, do not panic - I think most of the practical side was just for a hands on experience as I am pretty sure my sectioning was AWFUL!

Anything else I can help you with just shout ;)
I would wish you luck but I am sure you won't need it! :)

just noticed you are from Tamworth, which college will you be going to?

Latest posts

Back