hard wax thickness and consistancy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziemag

Reaction score
when using hard wax how thick should you have it??? I don't want to have too thick becuase then just wasting wax=money. OH, and what consistancy should it be when warming up??? I am trying it out for 1st time today, b/c I did brazilian the other day and what a disaster with the soft wax. Virgen hair and it was in there good! wouldn't want to come out. SO I have decided on hard wax and Jasmine oil.

Hi Brands can vary but I think in general no more than a couple of mm thick. I find the best consistency to be like treacle - when the wax is too hot it is quite thin and runny but put it down to a low heat and it is thicker and better to apply (and of course does not burn your client!). Aim for even thickness and uniform edges when applying. Leave a lightly thicker edge where you intend to remove from as it gives you a little lever. Over denser hair growth I press in a bit more and apply slightly thicker - but hasten to add not too much as you will end up with areas not setting up properly and hard to remove.

Practise on your leg area first and you will see what works best. Over thickly applied wax does not set up properly and will not pull off correctly and if it is too thin it dries out and becomes brittle which breaks off during removal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back