Harmony white builder curing problems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spjelgus

Reaction score
Hi!:)

I use the Nail Harmony white builder for p&w french, but have been having some problems with it. For one if i apply it too thickly (maybe 2-3mm thich) it will not cure in the center and when i start filing it will goop out. Secondly even if it seems to have cured and I can file it without problems I sometimes get really fine cracks in my no-cleanse sealer after a few days, I can only guess its because the white underneath isn't properly cured because this never happens on f.e. clear sculpts or natural tips with clear gel.

Im using a normal 36w unbranded lamp, and it has always worked fine on everything else. When i was first starting i also used another lamp that i got from my starter kit but had the same problem then. Neither of the lamps are good quality but the bulbs in both of them are pretty new.

Has anyone here had curing problems with the white builder? If so what have you done to fix it? Please help me:o

Anyone?

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using SalonGeek

It is obviously undercuring...couldn't you apply it thinner?

I try to apply it as thinly as i can without it being patchy but still sometimes have this problem.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using SalonGeek

Hi, I dont use harmony, I use youngs synergie, but maybe their application will help.
The tip is sculpted thinly with clear and cured first then the form removed. Next put white builder over the top.
After curing the white, turn the client hand upside down and cure again - palm up if that makes sense. This will help cure the underside of the whit, effectively the middle of the tip, as the UV light isnt so good at penetrating opaque colours.

Hope. That helps - and makes sense!

Thanks! I have thought about that for sculpting, but what about when using natural tips?:/ Maybe clear tips would be better?

Thanks! I have thought about that for sculpting, but what about when using natural tips?:/ Maybe clear tips would be better?

Please don't be offended when I ask this as I know you have recently been doing your training, as have I, but was it the GHG course you did? x

If you 100% think its the gel. Drop Nail Harmony a message. I had issues before and they exchanged my gel with no problems whatsoever xx

No offence taken:) I live in iceland and dont even know what the GHG course is:p I trained with a Harmony certified salon here in iceland, no official Harmony training here im afraid. Im moving to Edingburgh in the summer and will definitely take a course there with harmony. For now though, I will have to make do:p

I haven't tried it but logic would make me think that maybe they would be better as when you turn them over the uv rays will penetrate the clear tip.

I know you can by clear tips and clear forms for gel too.

Maybe another geek with more knowledge of tips will be able to respond xxx

No offence taken:) I live in iceland and dont even know what the GHG course is:p I trained with a Harmony certified salon here in iceland, no official Harmony training here im afraid. Im moving to Edingburgh in the summer and will definitely take a course there with harmony. For now though, I will have to make do:p

Pm'd you x

Latest posts

Back