has friend gone bonkers????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailfairy

Reaction score
hi geeks. :D

Just thought i would get your opinions on something. A friend of mine who also does L&P nails, says when she does a natural clear tip with a natural coloured overlay (i.e one colour, no pink and white) she uses soft white all over the nail & the tip???!! She says her clients paint them anyway so it doesnt matter! When I have done the natural look(no p&W) I use just the pink all-over is this correct??? She says the idea of using the white all over the nail is to ensure that clients cant see the natural nail growing under the enhancement and with the pink you can.

Is she bonkers or does anyone else do this???
If client wants velocity tips left natural what acrylic powder do you use? can you see the natural nail throught he acrylic?

Thanx xx

Hi Donna,

No I haven't heard of using the white over the entire nail. When a client wants the natural look I use pink gel over the entire the nail, so if doing L&P you would use the pink powder.

With regard to seeing the natural nail, if the customer keeps her nails clean :D it shouldn't be too noticeable and for those who don't like to see their nail, they opt for the french manicure look.

I've never see anyone use just the white powder. Would it not make them look very false :confused:

I too would use pink over the entire nail. you can see the natural nail underneath but it looks like a natural free edge as it grows down. Cant imagine using white over the entire nail? at least if you use pink they can choose to leave the polish off if they want to, plus i prefer the consistency of the pink to the white... x

Well you def. wouldnt be able to see the natural nail underneath. But surely her clients dont want white nails.... and so they would be painting them anyway. Suppose in that case she could use anything!

But no, I would use the pink, natural or clear!

well that is exactly what i thought, cant imagine why her clients would let her do it??

I've seen nails like this when people have come off their hols and had them done abroad, and they look awful.

I cant imagine how it would look nice to have white nails! She should file down the natural nail as much as possible before applying tips then She'd have a head start on the growth.
What about when they get lazy and dont put polish on..........uuurhhh!

Latest posts

Back