have you ever watered down spray tan solution?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not naming names but it's in a big spa in Berkshire. xx

Ohhhh not that near me then, phew I think I know where it is though.

A tan tech mate of mine was telling me the other day how one of her 8% ladies came in as a walk in, and she had ran out of 8% so used 10% slightly watered down and the result was great, the client was none the wiser and so chuffed she came in for a top up a few days later!

I have never heard of this before, is it possible to do if you are waiting for delivery?

Wel I think your mate has had a very lucky escape and I would well advise her aginst trying this again as she could be letting herself in for some real problems.

The Aqua (or water) that is used in all spraytan solutions is of commercial grade and you should never use tap water to dilute for a number of reasons

1) In a lot of areas the PH level is far to high and could well effect the balance of the solution and result in problems ith the final outcome of the tan.

2)if not mixed properly a patchy tan could result

3) Tap water is not pure enough and if left standing will go off and bugs (ugh)will grow...so if you mix with solution in this way and leave the solution standing for some time you could well be exposing you and your customer to a health risk...especially if the water has gone off and gets into the body through a cut in the skin etc.

So Please don't do this at home..there is far to much to loose ...turn your customer away if you can't offer an alternative DHA % ..or alternativley keep a close eye out on your liquid stocks and order from your supplier in plenty of time :hug:

I know I have worked in the dodgiest salon in Britain lol!

"Here learn this hot stone massage. There's a dvd. Take it home watch it and I'll get you someone to practice on and then we will book you some clients in".

Just an example of the few things this silly salon owner tried to get me to do..cowboy

I cantop that...

Do you do hot stone massage? Yes the boss got the stone from the beach and we heat them in the sink. HOW? We pour boiling hot water on them and then carry them in a bowl to the client soaking. O do they go cold quick? Yes but we have the kettle to keep boiling the water. How trained you? O the boss trained us, we do a figure of eight all over the body. Erm, do you have a insurance certificate? No the boss said because we learnt massage at college it covers us.

OMG what are they thinking...

This is not the worst story either I have lots and lots some that will put you of your teas and turn your stomach.

one of my friends used to work at a big hotel firm and spa not naming names , but she said that the people who worked there had to come into work 30 mins before their shift which they didnt get paid for so they could cut the cotten wool up into circles so the company could save money coz strip cotton wool is cheaper than pads. Now i can see why they have so much money

Wel I think your mate has had a very lucky escape and I would well advise her aginst trying this again as she could be letting herself in for some real problems.

The Aqua (or water) that is used in all spraytan solutions is of commercial grade and you should never use tap water to dilute for a number of reasons

1) In a lot of areas the PH level is far to high and could well effect the balance of the solution and result in problems ith the final outcome of the tan.

2)if not mixed properly a patchy tan could result

3) Tap water is not pure enough and if left standing will go off and bugs (ugh)will grow...so if you mix with solution in this way and leave the solution standing for some time you could well be exposing you and your customer to a health risk...especially if the water has gone off and gets into the body through a cut in the skin etc.

So Please don't do this at home..there is far to much to loose ...turn your customer away if you can't offer an alternative DHA % ..or alternativley keep a close eye out on your liquid stocks and order from your supplier in plenty of time :hug:

Hi, I think I would have to agree with this too especially number 3 :hug: x

Latest posts

Back