Having a mole removed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably best to just go ahead and wait and see how the biopsy goes.

Yeah that's the one I read :). Thank you.

Yeah I will be getting the biopsy done of course, I would be stupid not to. :)

To the OP - glad your getting it sorted.

To those who have had them removed by plastic surgeons - how expensive were they? A place up here charges £800 per mole - thats a lot of dough for something very small. Is that about right?

I had one removed was no problem, four stitches two yrs ago and can hardly see scare now. Hope all goes well and try not to worry :) x x

I've not long had a basal cell carcinoma removed from my back, they were brilliant at the hospital. It was all done under local anaesthetic and I didn't feel a thing.
I had rather more removed than expected as mine had been there 3 years ( some doc misdiagnosed me and said it was a fungal infection 3 years ago)
So anyway 10 stitches and a very neat scar later and alls well again in my world :)
You may be really lucky and be able to get rid of it with some chemo cream x good luck I'm sure it will all be fine. I think like you said the initial shock of the 'cancer' word is awful. I know I freaked.

I've not long had a basal cell carcinoma removed from my back, they were brilliant at the hospital. It was all done under local anaesthetic and I didn't feel a thing.
I had rather more removed than expected as mine had been there 3 years ( some doc misdiagnosed me and said it was a fungal infection 3 years ago)
So anyway 10 stitches and a very neat scar later and alls well again in my world :)
You may be really lucky and be able to get rid of it with some chemo cream x good luck I'm sure it will all be fine. I think like you said the initial shock of the 'cancer' word is awful. I know I freaked.

Awwww this has cheered me up. Mines has developed sometime in the last 4 years. I went to the doctor about 1 and a half years ago maybe and she told me it was nothing? How can it be nothing when something's there lol? He didn't mention anything about a cream he wants to remove it If it is BCC. So I think it's looking possible. The only thing im worried if they will have to shave a bit of my fringe away as its so close to my hairline. I really hope not though. Thanks for replying its nice to speak with someone who's been through it too :) xxx

I had a horrible witch mole removed from my top lip when I was 17, mum didn't think I'd sit through the anaesthetic if I was younger so I had to wait the entire length of secondary school and the gorgeous bullies until I could have it taken off. I had 4 stitches, the anaesthetic was fine, it was just marvellous having the horrible thing off. It cost me £150 to go private, and I think every mole removed now has a biopsy done as standard.

It healed really well but I've started seeing it grow back to my horror! After 10 years! They can't have got every bit out. Also from experience when you have one taken off more seem to spring up somewhere else :(

Honestly I didn't feel anything at all, even the local anesthetic going in. I took my own stitches out too, all 3 of them.

The cancer thing is scarey but leaving it too late is even scarier, believe me! :D

Thanks Sheila. I'm just a wimp, I can't even have a bikini wax lol! My pain threshold must be very low. I'm sure it will all be ok :) x

Oh my goodness, this is nothing like a bikini wax. Honestly I didn't feel anything at all. I closed my eyes and took a big deep breath and didn't know he had done it when I opened my eyes he was putting the biopsy in a test tube thingy! :D

Oh my goodness, this is nothing like a bikini wax. Honestly I didn't feel anything at all. I closed my eyes and took a big deep breath and didn't know he had done it when I opened my eyes he was putting the biopsy in a test tube thingy! :D

Right ok then. I will close my eyes and jut breath breath breath! Once I have the anaesthetic it will be fine as it will be numb but I hate injections!

I thought I would update this thread now. I know it's been a while but this is everything just coming to a halt.

So it turned out it was what the doctor thought and I had to get it removed surgically yesterday. I got a skin graft aswell with the skin taken from behind my ear. They then removed the BCC and and patched it up with the skin being taken from behind my ear. It was done at about 10am yesterday morning and it is killing! The head part is alright but the bit behind my ear is throbbing. I have been on painkillers but its not going away. And they stitch a little spongy dressing thing onto the akin graft and its all congealed with blood underneath it, thank god I took the week off work, people would feel sick looking at me! I have a fringe but I'm not to wash my hair for a week so my hair is all full of dried blood and gel stuff they used during the operation to keep it back. So as you can imagine I'm feeling pretty miserable right now. It's hard to sleep aswell as I am waking up with the pain! So roll on Friday when they come out and then I get the results in 8 weeks to make sure it's all gone.

I want to keep this thread bumped up as it might help someone out there get diagnosed if they have something similar and don't realise what it is :)

And also they referred me to the plastic surgery part of the hospital because I needed a skin graft so I'm glad because they would have taken extra care to make it look good after it heals.

ahh, glad that's it dealt with ! Hope you're less sore now and that you heal well and quickly . Take care :)

Thank you :). It's still sore but at least I'm a bit closer to getting the stitches out now. X

Latest posts

Back