having treaments in other beauty salons is it allowed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insette23vhf

Reaction score
hi
i run my own beauty studio and i like to pamper myself now again to beauty treatments and nail, i go to another salon near me is this a bad thing and could they take me to court are something similar to that extent. as they have told me that ican;t go anymore as i am spying on them which i don't think i were.
i was just having treaments just like any other person is this fair.
can any one please advise me thanks

insette23vhf:o

There is nothing illegal about it!

They're just not happy because they are insecure about their business and think you'll "steal" their ideas. Like you said, you are just another paying client, however they do have right of refusal as does anyone in business.
Most of my clients are techs from other Salons, I encourage it!

HTH

I too go to another salon for my treatments, the girl who treats me knows I'm a beautician and doesn't have a problem with it. Sound like they are rather neurotic to me. i'd find somewhere else to go if I were you, somewhere where they will appreciate your custom. If your'e concerned the same thing may happen again you could always let them know at the first appt who you are and make sure its not a problem for them. As far as i'm aware you can't be sued for going into the competition for a treatment.

I dont see any problem with that at all to be honest!
Once you're paying and you're not running out the door after every treatment!
There are lots of treatments we cant do ourselves. We cant give ourselves a Brazilian wax for example!
Its nice to be pampered, i.e. the therapist or tech is confident and experienced!

thanks for your advise.
well all i can its there loss and another salon gain as their is another salon down the road from the salon i used to go i think i will be goingtheir from now on
thanks again
insette23vhf

before i employed my beautician, used to go to other salons for my treatments and when they asked what i did, i told them i am a nail technician.
i have 5 nail technicians and 3 beauticians who come to my salon for nail enhancments and regular infills....i dont have a problem with it, nor do they, infact when they cannot fit a customer in, they call me to see if i can.
i think thats really nice & professional when we all can get on and refer each other......you hear from clients what other local salons say about me, some good and some who just try and slander you, but i take it as a compliment.
if your not comfortable where you go to have treatments then i wouldn't go back.

Very strange. I've never had this problem myself. I always tell the ladies at any salon I go to that I too am a beauty therapist. We end up sharing stories nad tips.

OK., you certainly can't be sued...I have many therapists who use our salon on their day off, no prob...however, I can understand why someone may not be happy with this situation...some salons work in different ways from others...you know - either helpful - or competitive - or fearful - choose another one that will enjoy having you there!

Well I go to another beauty salon for my pedicures for the simple reason I can't bl**dy reach my toes any more :(

They know in the salon I go too that I do similar beauty treatments, in fact the owner approached me the other week and asked which product I used as my nails looked lovely ... (I felt rather flattered), I told her and she wanted to buy some of the tips I was using so I emailed her the info, and she returned the email thanking me and said if there was anything she could help me with, I was only to ask.

She obviously doesn't feel threatened by me... and I certainly don't by her .. so its not a problem.... this town is big enough for both of us ... lol!!!

Latest posts

Back