Having trouble finding staff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annabeebalc

Reaction score
I don't know where to look for staff!! I've placed an advert in the job centre but after a week i haven't even had 1 applicant call!

I've enquired about placing an ad in the local paper- £112 for 30 words for one evenings appearance in the job section.

I've posted an ad on the recruitment section of the geek site. No response.

What am I doing wrong?

Where should I be looking?

Is that a reasonable amount of money to pay for advert in the press?

Thanks
x

i have had this problem also. i wouldnt do the newspaper i dont think it will be worth it..

have you tried gumtree.. i had to go through an agency to get my therapist and junior as i pretty much gave up and was wasting money.

hi have u tried hairandbeautyjobs.co.uk?

If you have a shop front, how about putting a poster in the window?

Has worked for me on more than 1 occasion.

AND, it's free :green:

I now have exactly the same problem. Staff (past and present) are the worst part of this job.

its so ironic that the salons are finding it hard to find staff but therapists such as myself are finding it hard to find a job!!lol :rolleyes:
sorry that was more of an observation than anything else!:lol:

i never imagined it would be so hard.. i now need to find a hairdresser and its just so hard you may only get one good cv..

so know how you feel

You can place a Recruitment ad on Beautyguild.com free of charge. Just click here to submit your ad.

I have been desperately lookin for a job in essex since June, however, having real difficulties because i'm only a level 2. Does anyone employ level 2s and if so, where? Would be grateful of any advise x x x

I wonder if it would be an idea to have a, permanent, "Vacancies" page on your website, like the big companies do? I think most people Google everything these days:)

Leaving it up will allow web crawlers to know its there, just have "Sorry no jobs at the moment" when you dont need anybody:)

HTH
jes

Job Centre online works well too and is free to advertise your vacancy. I personally have a lot of success with local paper recruitment section but it can be pricey.

Why don't people use the section on here, but put your full location details, Essex is a big place (very big)

Su x

Hi, Have you tried Job centre plus? You may also be entitled to £1000 if you take someone on that is registered unemployed.

Louise x

Latest posts

Back