HD Brows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chocholic7

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been approached by an experienced HD brow stylist who is offering to train me in HD brows at a massive discounted fee compared to actually doing the training with the HD beauty school coz it's ridiculously too expensive for me. I'm wondering if I took her up on her offer would I be insured and would I be able to purchase the products from HD. Thanks for looking appreciate all advice

Hi everyone, I've been approached by an experienced HD brow stylist who is offering to train me in HD brows at a massive discounted fee compared to actually doing the training with the HD beauty school coz it's ridiculously too expensive for me. I'm wondering if I took her up on her offer would I be insured and would I be able to purchase the products from HD. Thanks for looking appreciate all advice

If this was the case everyone would be avoiding the actual course and training with this person.
Don't waste your money! It isn't legitimate.

It probably isn't accredited which means you won't be able to gain insurance. And If you do get a certificate it won't be worth the paper it's printed on

You won't be able to get trade discount with HD or purchase their professional products.

If something sounds too good to be true. It is!

There are similar, cheaper training options for the same sort of thing (brow shaping, tinting, waxing, threading etc)but obviously it wont be the 'HD brows'
xx

No you have to actually train with high definition to achieve HD stylist title! X

If you want the brand name HD brows and to purchase their products you are going to have to do their course. As far as I know, only HD trainers are allowed to train you in HD and if they were to find that their students were teaching others without them taking a cut I am sure they would not be happy about it.

However, I think you are only buying into the brand name as I cannot see what is so unique about HD. If you are qualified to do waxing, tinting and makeup then your insurance will cover you, no matter what shape or style you are using, but you cannot use the HD status without doing their training. The only thing I can see what HD do, to what I have been doing for over 19 years is the threading. HD brows was only founded in 2008, waxing, tinting, threading have been around for hundreds of years.

I am still waiting for someone at HD head office to tell me what is so unique about it. Is it their products? Someone on here said that when they were doing their HD training they used off the shelf tints. If that is correct then it cannot be the tint that is unique. I know it is not the shape that is unique as their website states that each brow is tailored to each person. Besides what shape will suit one person may not suit another.

As far as I know their products are not patented, unless they can prove otherwise. Anyone can approach a manufacturer and ask for their business name to be printed on their products. Is this what HD have done? On their website they state that they use an exclusive brow mapping formula. From videos on YouTube I have yet to see what is exclusive about it.

So I am patiently waiting for HD to get back to me.

What she's offering to do is fraudulent. She can train you in brow work but she cannot call it HD Brows as that's a legally protected brand.

You wouldn't be able to purchase the HD brand products and you could be sued by the company if you tried to advertise your brow service as HD Brows.

If you can't afford the expensive training, you can find other brow training and call your service something else such as Mega Brows or whatever you fancy, having first checked it's not copyright protected.

Hi Welsh heart,

I'll leave someone from HD answer them questions, hopefully they will see this thread. I took my training in august and all I can say is I am not disappointed, done brow waxing for 15 years but this is totally different! I don't lots of research into doing the course and could not find anyone who was disappointed in the course. Was debating for 2 years as obviously the cost is not cheap but decided to bite the bullet and do it! If you are at all thinking of doing it, you to won't be disappointed. X

Hi Welsh heart,

I'll leave someone from HD answer them questions, hopefully they will see this thread. I took my training in august and all I can say is I am not disappointed, done brow waxing for 15 years but this is totally different! I don't lots of research into doing the course and could not find anyone who was disappointed in the course. Was debating for 2 years as obviously the cost is not cheap but decided to bite the bullet and do it! If you are at all thinking of doing it, you to won't be disappointed. X

I was thinking about doing it, but the price is ridiculous. I have been looking into it for over a year now but I still cannot see a difference. If they can tell me that their products and technique other than threading is different to what I already do then I might re-consider it. I have not heard back from anyone to date. I may resend the email just in case mine got lost somewhere.

I was thinking about doing it, but the price is ridiculous. I have been looking into it for over a year now but I still cannot see a difference. If they can tell me that their products and technique other than threading is different to what I already do then I might re-consider it. I have not heard back from anyone to date. I may resend the email just in case mine got lost somewhere.

Why not just book in with someone who offers the service to see what it's like from a clients point of view? You don't have to mention being a therapist yourself. Then you can decide whether it's likely to be worthwhile for you to train with them.

Why not just book in with someone who offers the service to see what it's like from a clients point of view? You don't have to mention being a therapist yourself. Then you can decide whether it's likely to be worthwhile for you to train with them.

Yes your right, I suppose I could.

Welsh Heart I have thought about training in HD Brows for years but like yourself I couldn't see the sense in paying so much money to train in what I was already trained in.

But...

I went to Pro Beauty in Manchester, went to the HD Brow demonstration with Nilam and then went and had my own HD Brows done for the first time.

My brows are '90's' Brows, overplucked and sparse. I don't really do much to them except fill them in with makeup. I've tried all sorts to get them growing again but have never been able to achieve what I wanted with my own knowledge.

When I had mine done I was incredibly impressed with what the HD stylist did to my brows, what he advised me to do to get them growing again and how, having regular treatments for however long, I could achieve the brows I want.

It was then that i decided that yes I want this for my clients.

I signed up for the makeup, which is also really good. And the HD Brow training which I'm doing next week.

I already have quite a large list of people interested in having it done, existing clients and potential clients. I'm amazed that so many people don't know what HD brows are, this is great because I can talk about it with the enthusiasm I now have for it and gain even more brow clients.

The makeup is also flying off the shelves!

At the Beauty show I purchased the HD Lash & Brow booster, it is the best thing I've ever used (I've tried a lot) my brows are starting to look like normal brows, one of them is actually starting to look bushy which is definitely not a look I've had for about 15 years! My lashes are also looking nice and strong. I've only been using it for about a month and have a long way to go before I have perfect brows but I now see that it is possible!

I'm really looking forward to the training, I'm sure after it I'll be saying 'I wish I'd done it years ago!' [emoji4]

I'm sure you won't be able to purchase their products unless you've specifically trained with them.
They were very firm about this!
You would be insured for tinting, shaping etc if you're insured for beauty treatments... x

OP hasn't been back since October 2016.

OP hasn't been back since October 2016.
Oh well, if she ever comes back, she'll be able to see my response to her query!?

Why on earth would you be able to purchase the HD products by doing some dodgy training with someone who already has trained with Hd brows??? If you want to use the hd Brow name then do the training!!! Yes it expensive!i saved for a long time for mine,did the training so I can use the hd name and purchase there products .theres no cheap way around it if you want to do hd do it properly,it's not fair on your potential clients and you would be properly insured to offer this

Latest posts

Back