Health And Safety Inspection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooredianne

Reaction score
Hiya all you geeks. Please could you give me a bit of advice. The tanning salon that i rent space in has got a Health and Safety guy coming round on the 17th. Apparently there is a new law out on the 1st of April (I haven't heard anything) and he is checking up on all salons in the area. (JACKY U MAY WANNA TAKE NOTE). The girls in the salon are stressing a bit as the last time an inspector was round was when they opened .... about 8 months ago and he said that he would see them in 3 years time!!! If anyone has had a recent visit or may know what this inspection entails, i'll gladly pass all info on. thanks!!!

Im sooooo looking forward to having them!
Cant come soon enough in my opinion!.....BUT...I dont do tanning luv???
Is it you as well he is checking or just the tanning part of the shop?
Personally, this is a great move forward for this industry and its only by Local Authorities doing this sort of check that we AND the public can start to feel confident!!!
Bring it ON!!!!

i'm not sure whether he is checking up on me as well, just hought i'd warn u. anyhow i have got everything in order ..... COSHH and risk assessments on all products and procedures, MSDS on all products, lockable cupboards etc. I totally agree with you though! We really do need this!! I know the girls in the salon are freaking out, coz they think he is going to trip them up on something. have tried to reassure them and hubby is going to go over what general health and safety inspections are like (based on his experience as a health and safety manager). Besides, a lot of this may have to do with the stink i have been kicking up about salons etc in the walsall/wednesbury area!!!

Don't Panic.............. Have all your MSDS sheets on hand. Googles, mask, Dust bin metal (Barbanta) Spelling mistake their. Apron/Uniform. The right insurance, license, and saftety at work act poster up where it can be seen. keep record cards up to date. I get a visit regularly really don't worry. If everything is not up to scratch you would normally rceive 7-10 days to put it right. But it may take up to three months before they get back to check but should this be the case get it done as soon as you can. Accident book. fire exit. Does everyone know what to do in the event of a fire. Who is the first aider. Need more info PM.
N2D4

Our inspector her in Birmingham comes out every year to inspect the Salon because you have to have a licence if you have Sunbeds and or do Massage.
He checks to see my electrical certificate and that all of the walls and floors are washable and that I have hot and cold running water and disposeable paper towels.
This costs me £226.00 each year.licenced to have a Sunbed and do Massage.
don't be afraid of the inspector as he or she are not calling out to ask you trick questions but will advise you so don't be worried about it.

Ruby

Hiya

i think Cathie nails @ 42nd street had an inspection not so long ago, do a search she gave back some really good info

Amanda

thanks to everyone who posted!! the inspector was due today and didn't turn up!! not to worry coz like i said earlier, i am sorted out on my side of things and i think the salon owners have relaxed a little and have adopted a "wait and see" attitude. i mean, there wasn't anything major wrong or out of place with the salon in the first place, just a case of nerves!!!

Latest posts

Back