Health n safety , & first aid working from home.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi, Im looking into working from home in the near future from an out house in my garden currently being built .I have been informed by another geek I will need to have health and safety check my place out as I will be bringing clients through the house.

Before hand Im just interested to know would I need to do a first aid course incase of a medical problem / accident happening with a client?And Im also thinking along the lines of will I need a first aid box and fire exstingisher???Any idea please??:rolleyes:

Ive just googled this now Im wondering if you need a licence too ???Best phone my council tomorrow.

Last edited:
Go to the Business Link web site it gives you loads of information and has a small business starter pack you run through on the web..xx

Thanks hun, will have a look, my local council are going to look into into it and let me know:)

Thanks hun, will have a look, my local council are going to look into into it and let me know:)

Just reading the link and wondered what the council said x

Well after looking into it all I havent actually bothered ,Im still going to carry on mobile,Im too concerned about capital gains tax later on, so it put me off.

You would have to pay biz rates,and I think health n safety would of been one of the main things, as I would of been working right down the bottom of my garden and clients would have to walk through my house to get to my salon,you dont need to learn first aid, but obviously its a bonus if you do.

God damn I cant remember what they said about the licence now though sorry..best phone your own council because they may all differ.

Latest posts

Back