Help around Christmas time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyPrincess.

Reaction score
When it gets to christmas time im going to start looking for someone to help me out, not necessarily fully qualified just someone maybe at college just to help around booking appointments, asnwering the phone etc. Anyway i was just wondering how i go about a wage? i dont have a clue!
any help would be appreiciated!

thanks in advance :)

come on someone must know! :confused:

You need employers liability insurance.
You need to pay at least the minimum wage, check the hmrc website for details.
You need to instigate payroll. If you dont want to set this up yourself, there are companies that will do it all for you quite cheaply. My accountant does all my payroll for me.

Why don't you take on a beauty student who could help you on a part-time / casual basis, and if you pay roughly under £100 per week you won't have to work out tax and NI for her. (check those amounts though, I'm not sure of the exact figures).
You could contact the Inland Revenue or your local tax office and they are usually helpful once you get to speak to the right person. There's an employers helpline too and they can send you lots of info. I know there is a government website you can look on, try googling to find out.

Latest posts

Back