Help! Black dots on ends of pro salon hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanya Stott

Reaction score
I have paid an extensionist for a full head of 20inch stick tip 1g luxury remy hair extensions, as she was fitting them I noticed tiny black dots on the ends of nearly every bond. To me they look like cuticles I mentioned this to her and after a few minutes of explaining she agreed, yes they look like cuticles. So I said well it's not remy hair then?? She said I'll ask my supplier (pro salon hair) after chasing this up twice I was told the company say its remy hair if u want to take it further contact them yourself! Which I did today and they told me the same, they only supply remy hair and to email them with my complaint and maybe if the hair I've had fitted isn't right for me none of there hair will be.they kept telling me they don't do refunds and don't know what they want me to do, I offered to remove one bond and post it to them but he said no just email us, i take it my email will just get bounced around. Any suggestions what I can do next? Xxx

Not being funny but you mean follicles not cuticles.

I've had this on hair before in my own extensions, I'd be interested to hear from others as to what they think it is. However, it never caused any problems in my extensions, so they were cuticle correct.

Haha yes follicle thanks, if the follicle is on the ends of the bonds does that mean the hair is lying the wrong way round ? Some have these dots at the bottom and some strands don't I'm concerned that after a few shampoos it's going to Matt together xx

If it is the follicle, then yes it will probably Matt. However, I don't think it is. If it was, it brings up a whole load more questions like how was the hair harvested etc. as I say, hopefully someone has a better answer than me.

Thank you, I may try post pic tmz might help get an answer xx

I can't see how it could be follicles, it isnt plucked out the scalp.

I understand its the conditioning treatment that all processed hair has put on, be it silicon whatever it run downs and forms a little blobs occassionally. This happens to me with macadamia oil which I only use sparingly.

There are other ways to test the cuticle is correct from rubbing it backwards to a microscope if your worried your best taking a strand and testing it after washing but I wouldnt worry unduely until it gives you real cause for concern (birdsnest)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Iv fitted some blonde hair that this has happend on and was told it was due to the extensions been cut with a heated razor? Not sure if this is true or not but most of the black dots on the ends just brushed out of mine and after first wash had all gone and the hair was still fine, I wouldn't worry too much till it's been washed x

I'm not sure if u can see properly on pic I've shampooed it twice and they've not washed out x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 705
My hair extensions have a few 'bobbly' ends too, I've had the hair in for 7 months now and they have been like it from day 1 and my extensions are still amazing so I wouldn't worry too much x

I've seen this and been told its hair dye. It doesn't indicate whether the hair is Remy or not. If the extensionist has used this hair before and you've not actually had any problems with the hair since washing, styling then I don't see why you are "complaining" as such. Pro salon hair is cheap/budget hair its not going to last you more than 9-12 weeks and while it maybe Remy its probably been collected and processed cheaply. You do get what you pay for with hair extensions. To really maintain them as best as possible use a good quality sulphate free shampoo, conditioner, treatment once a week, Argan oil daily and minimal heat.

I have been following all aftercare you mentioned I was told the hair will last 9 months but I've shampooed tonight for 3rd time since it was fitted and noticed it was slightly more difficult to get the knots out and I brushed it through before shampooing, if it's just colour then that's fine I just wanted to know what it was or what I could do about it , it wasn't that cheap , I only found out it was pro salon hair after the fitting, so guess I won't be using the same girl again thanks everyone xx

Pro salon hair is 3 month hair states on their website. Won't last longer than that.

This is such a common problem and in my eyes it's defo a tell tale sign that the hair is not remy. Most companies cut the ends off so you can't tell but if you buy a microscope you can still double check. These companies are purchasing cheap bulk hair from abroad and selling it on as remy, but they are being sold exactly what they paid for.. Cheap, poor quality hair! It just annoys me that they sell it on and promote its remy hair when it's obviously not. It's false advertising, I'm just in dispute with another company Rapunzelshairextensions and they just ignored my comments and just told me to send it back for a refund! So frustrating! Xxx

The word 'Remy' means gleaned from combings. It's not the same thing as cuticle correct.

The word 'Remy' means gleaned from combings. It's not the same thing as cuticle correct.

What definative source is that derived from please?

City and guilds Wigmaking (distinction)

Thank you

(#13)
HairbyAsya
Real geeky

15-02-14, 12:29 AM
Pro salon hair is 3 month hair states on their website. Won't last longer than that.

Where does it say that on the website I can't find it xx

(#13)
HairbyAsya
Real geeky

15-02-14, 12:29 AM

Where does it say that on the website I can't find it xx

I recall its on their "wholesale website" United global trading ltd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back