Help bleach bathing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bumdeebum

Reaction score
How do u bleach bath someone's hair?? I've been reading about it and I'm just too scared to do it to someone. what do u all use?? And how long do u do it for!?? Any comments will help thanks xx

If you do a search for bleach bath on here then loads of info will come up, A lot of recent posts have been about it
:)
xox

A far superior product to your bog standard bleach bath is L'oreal Effassor, it is truly fantastic. I must admit I hated it at first because I was taught how to use it wrongly and it never seemed to work. However I then went on a course at the L'oreal Academy and was taught properly, I was told to use it on a model in the afternoon and actually could not believe my eyes, it is brilliant. There is two different types of cleansing, one is gentle cleanse which just removes tones from the hair. The second type is a deep cleanse, this will remove depth (so stripping colour out of hair).

The gentle cleanse is more like a bleach bath as it is just to remove incompatible tones and build up, but is so much better than a normal bleach bath. It is quite expensive but you just charge the client extra explaining your using a premium product for a better result.

Message me if you want the measurements and method of application :biggrin:

Hi Stephanie, that would be great if u could send me that! It's for to completely remove dark tones! One of my clients has dyed her own hair and wants to go back to her normal shade 6. I have one of the loreal sachets but didn't know how to use it!! I got told to mix bleach with 9% and shampoo together and use on wet hair but still wasn't too sure about doing it either!! I'm too scared of damaging clients hair And usually just do bleached highlights with a toner to get rid of the brassy tones! Think I need to push myself to try more things!! X

Hi Bumdeebum, the rule with using Effassor is that you must always do a gentle cleanse first, they call this a searching cleanse. For this you mix 1 packet of Effassor with 60mls water and place over a bowl of hot water to keep the mixture warm. Apply to the lengths and ends at the basin with a sponge and rub continuously for 20 mins. When the 20 mins is up, shampoo twice but don't condition. Dry the hair off. Now for the second stage, deep cleansing. Mix 1 packet Effassor with 75mls of 20 or 30 vol peroxide. Go for the 30 vol if there is lots of heavy depth to lift out. With this you do it at the styling section on dry hair, starting at the nape in small sections apply to the lengths and ends with a sponge and place strips of cotton wool along the scalp on each section before dropping the next section down (hope that makes sense). Leave on for upto 50 mins keeping an eye on it.

The chances are in most cases when there is heavy build up of colour that the hair by this stage will be fairly orange. Which as we all know is not ideal. You will have to colour the hair to get it to a light brown. So don't put any warm toned colours. Your best bet is a flat natural base or one with a blue ash tone.

I did this with my hair after 5 years of colouring it base 4 and now it is about a 7.

You must warn your client though that the end result will be a warm brown, it will take a couple of times to get it more of a flat brown. Unfortunetely it can't be helped. It doesn't damage the hair like a bleach bath but like anything does affect the condition a little bit so put plenty of conditioner on after colouring it.

I hope that helps and answered everything for you :rolleyes: let me know how it goes :biggrin:

A bleach bath will not damage the hair if mixed and done correctly.

2 scoops of bleach + 2 scoops of 6 or 3% + 2 scoops of warm water.

Apply this to dry hair and leave for up to 45 mins. If it hasn't lifted enough, wash out and dry then repeat.

I do 5+ colour corrections a week, at the moment (thank you Boots!), and everyone walks out with glossy, undamaged hair.

I do not bother with costly removers. :)

I've always added a cleansing shampoo to that same mix, does it work better/as well without? That's just how I was taught.
Craig

I always add a protein treatment.into it!

This is all great advice! Thanks every1!

I will be trying this out next week!! I'm a mobile hairdresser and charge anything between 30 & 50 for cuts & colours! What dove think I should charge for bleach bath plus colouring xx

This is all great advice! Thanks every1!

I will be trying this out next week!! I'm a mobile hairdresser and charge anything between 30 & 50 for cuts & colours! What dove think I should charge for bleach bath plus colouring xx

What colour does she want?
If it was straight forward how much would you charge for that service? What's your hourly rate? how much would it cost you in products? How long will it take you?

Shes wanting her hair back to her natural colour between base 6 & 7! Shea about a base 3 at the moment x

Apply this to dry hair and leave for up to 45 mins. If it hasn't lifted enough, wash out and dry then repeat.

I do 5+ colour corrections a week, at the moment (thank you Boots!), and everyone walks out with glossy, undamaged hair.

I also do quite a lot of bleach baths & i use a very similar mix to the above, it works great you just need to keep an eye on it and rinse off when its taken out enough of the colour. I also use the l'oreal effasor sometimes its fab!x

Just used the "search" for a direct answer to my bleach bath question. This has nailed it. I'm gonna sound like a complete ponse but I wanna get this right... It's basically ALL equal measures? And "scoops" as in the scoops you get in the bleach tub?

is it better to do on damp hair anyone:rolleyes:

Yup, just use the scoop in the bleach tub. Because the water and peroxide are flat measures, you need to make sure the powder is a flat measure. Equal quantities of each product for it to work effectively. You do not need to add shampoo or conditioner, that will upset the balance of the mix. Also, you want the cuticle open, not shut.

I have found it works best on dry hair.

I also do a scoop of bleach, a scoop of 10 or 20 vol, and a scoop of shampoo rather than warm water.

Excellent thanks to you both. As you'd imagine, a colour would more than likely need doing afterwards. After rinsing the bleach mixture, shampoo the hair and no conditioner? Apply colour and rinse as normal + cold rinse etc?

I agree i find it works best on dry hair, all equal quantities of bleach 3% or 6% depending on the depth and warm water, I dont add treatment as this will close the cuticle, but with long hair I do use a couple of pumps of cleansing shampoo for condition and lather it maked the bath more pliable! x
Yup, just use the scoop in the bleach tub. Because the water and peroxide are flat measures, you need to make sure the powder is a flat measure. Equal quantities of each product for it to work effectively. You do not need to add shampoo or conditioner, that will upset the balance of the mix. Also, you want the cuticle open, not shut.

I have found it works best on dry hair.

u got it Viva xx
Excellent thanks to you both. As you'd imagine, a colour would more than likely need doing afterwards. After rinsing the bleach mixture, shampoo the hair and no conditioner? Apply colour and rinse as normal + cold rinse etc?

Definitely feel more confident about it now, we shall see how well I get on!

Latest posts

Back