Help bleach bathing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as it is just to remove incompatible tones and build up
so what's the difference between L'oreal and let's say Colour B4 by Scott Cornwall? :rolleyes: does the same - stripps out the colour/ removes build up. I assume L'oreal is more expensive.:biggrin:

Excellent thanks to you both. As you'd imagine, a colour would more than likely need doing afterwards. After rinsing the bleach mixture, shampoo the hair and no conditioner? Apply colour and rinse as normal + cold rinse etc?

I shampoo it off, with a deep cleanser, and dry off until bone dry. I then drench in a porosity balancer and then dry that in.

Depending on what target shade I am going for, I then decide if I need to pre-pig, but often than not, I don't as I have normally lifted to a coppery/orange shade.

I then go in with my target shade, I always add base and never go higher than 3%. I also give my clients the prescribed shampoo and always finish off with a treatment.

I never have problems with fade or tones becoming unstable. My clients always leave with shiny, glossy locks. :)

I agree i find it works best on dry hair, all equal quantities of bleach 3% or 6% depending on the depth and warm water, I dont add treatment as this will close the cuticle, but with long hair I do use a couple of pumps of cleansing shampoo for condition and lather it maked the bath more pliable! x

If you are using warm water, you do not need to add shampoo. It will soak in the hair better, with water, and the shampoo doesn't help the condition. You will be just making the mixture weaker by adding the shampoo. :)

so what's the difference between L'oreal and let's say Colour B4 by Scott Cornwall? :rolleyes: does the same - stripps out the colour/ removes build up. I assume L'oreal is more expensive.:biggrin:

Is colourB4 the new OTC stripper? If it's OTC, then it won't be anything like the L'oreal one.

I shampoo it off, with a deep cleanser, and dry off until bone dry. I then drench in a porosity balancer and then dry that in.

Depending on what target shade I am going for, I then decide if I need to pre-pig, but often than not, I don't as I have normally lifted to a coppery/orange shade.

I then go in with my target shade, I always add base and never go higher than 3%. I also give my clients the prescribed shampoo and always finish off with a treatment.

I never have problems with fade or tones becoming unstable. My clients always leave with shiny, glossy locks. :)

Brilliant thank you! I've scribbled all this down as well! Would you recommend a good porosity balancer or is any fitting for the job?

I am using one by Goldwell, at the moment, from their Elumen range.

All advice went into good practice today. Had to lift out layers of box red argh! But it came out a really lovely brown after I applied the colour. Thanks again for all the advice. I didn't add shampoo I used warm water with the mix.
Good ol' geeks! Xx

All advice went into good practice today. Had to lift out layers of box red argh! But it came out a really lovely brown after I applied the colour. Thanks again for all the advice. I didn't add shampoo I used warm water with the mix.
Good ol' geeks! Xx

Hi Just wanted to ask what colour did you apply after the bleach bath to get your lovely brown?:)

Hi Just wanted to ask what colour did you apply after the bleach bath to get your lovely brown?:)

There was still a little bit of red on the mid lengths and ends.
Not enough for me to want to bleach bath it again. So I did a base 6 all over, + 6.35 on roots to even out the warmth with the rest, + 6.1 on mid lengths and ends. So all over looked like 6.35, all majirel colours. Hope that made sense!

There was still a little bit of red on the mid lengths and ends.
Not enough for me to want to bleach bath it again. So I did a base 6 all over, + 6.35 on roots to even out the warmth with the rest, + 6.1 on mid lengths and ends. So all over looked like 6.35, all majirel colours. Hope that made sense!

Cheers. Makes sense to me. :)

Hello!
Here at Blondi Rae we have a revolutionary new product that removes unwanted colour without the need for bleach bathing. It doesn't contain any peroxide, ammonia or bleaching agents, so it leaves your client's hair in great condition! It works by shrinking the dye molecules so that they can simply be rinsed away.
What's more, we supply products direct from the factory to the salon, thus cutting out wholesale costs & saving you money!
If you want more info, visit Blondi Rae™ hair products and salon supplies | Home or follow Blondi Rae herself on Twitter: Blondi Rae (BlondiRae) on Twitter
Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back