help!college course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heavenly_Nails

Reaction score
Hi All

I just a little upset with the way my course is going at the moment it the NVQ 2 Nail services, well to cut a long story short just found we havnt got a enough time to do the optional unit that gose with the course so we wont be getting a nvq in nail services we will be geting a nvq in beauty therapy a different route. Problem is i want to do the NVQ3 in september but you have to have the NVQ2 In nail services. I be ringing around all day trying to find out wheather i can do the course in september or not, and if not i have to complain to my college that its not fair as we paid money to do the nail services not beauty. Also it dosnt help that a NVQ2 Course normally has 6 hours off college time a week were ares has 3 hours a week.

Sorry just needed a moan, but how would you go about getting what you want

That really sucks.

Could you not ask the college as it appears that they have messed up, wether you can start the NVQ 3 in september and sit the extra NVQ 2 unit to make it a nail service qualification.

You could stress that they have put you in this position and that perhaps they should help you out.

Why don't you pm Rachel at K-Sa-Ra (aka Chocolate) who may be able to help you. Good luck!

Heavenly_Nails said:
Hi All

I just a little upset with the way my course is going at the moment it the NVQ 2 Nail services, well to cut a long story short just found we havnt got a enough time to do the optional unit that gose with the course so we wont be getting a nvq in nail services we will be geting a nvq in beauty therapy a different route. Problem is i want to do the NVQ3 in september but you have to have the NVQ2 In nail services. I be ringing around all day trying to find out wheather i can do the course in september or not, and if not i have to complain to my college that its not fair as we paid money to do the nail services not beauty. Also it dosnt help that a NVQ2 Course normally has 6 hours off college time a week were ares has 3 hours a week.

Sorry just needed a moan, but how would you go about getting what you want

Not quite sure what has happened here!!! The optional unit needed to make a full L2 NVQ in Nail Services is reception duties!!!! This unit applies to beauty and nails.

The Nail Services NVQ is all nails. Not sure how, without the optional unit you can end up with Beauty!!!

Have a look at the NVQ structure on the HABIA website http://www.habia.org . Go to Beauty, then downloads then National Occupational Standards. Find the beauty L2 and find the Nail Services. See what's happened and let us all know

Thanks everyone for their advice its been sorted now went to college today and was told we will be doing are optional unit, which will be on wednesday nites aswell as tuesdays now.

Ive just sent my application form off so i can do my NVQ 3 Nail services just have to wait and see now

Latest posts

Back