Help! Enhancements popping off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petal

Reaction score
Please some one give me some advice! :cry: I am having trouble with one clients nails. she is a mobile hairdresser so has her nails in water quite a bit, now i know this can cause problems and it has with my work on her. have done a ladies infills on l&p twice now on some one elses work (this other person has been doing nails for 15yrs) the client hasn't had any pop of previous to me using creative product each time. What am i doing wrong? have been using primer to get better grip. Am i missing something?

Hi,
i had probs with gel popping off, so i phoned the makers of the product and they were very helpful, also called my collage for advice, try that.Tuners out in my case i'd forgot the bonding stuff arfter prep, no probs now!

good luck
Lisa:D

Do a search in the tutorials hun I'm sure Sam did a really good one on this problem - can't remember what it was called though.

you sure they are just popping off? ask her to save them for you to have a look at, you will be able to see if there is any natural nail attached, plus look at her own nails and see if there is any damage, if so they didnt just 'pop' off! more likely had a bit of help.....

Nails don't really pop off, the have to be assisted in someway. This could be by your client who is careless and knocks them and so would be advised to have them shorter. Or it may be that you are not applying the right tips according to the curve of her natural nail. If you are applying a deepwell tip onto someone who has flat nails you will have to force the curve down to meet the flat nail. The tip will stick, but it will want to return to its original shape and so will exert pressure to pop up back to the curve it wants to be!! either try and buy a tip that is suitable for the curve of the natural nail, or go several sizes bigger and then tailor it to fit your client at the sidewalls. Using a bigger tip will give you a flatter curve.

This may not be your prob, but gives you food for thought!

Hiya...I just saw one of my clients who regularly had nails missing due to them breaking, this was causing me such a headache...i was double checking everything...and still they where breaking/coming off...it does start to get at your confidence...well she had a brand new set put on 2 weeks ago...went on hols...saw her today...all still on. She said to me you must have done a real good set this time...WHAT !!!! more like cos you where on holiday and not banging them around while cleaning and gardening they haven't broke. Just goes to show that it is alot to do with what the clients are doing and i wont be so quick to think its me next time. xxx

Thanks for all your replies....it's put my mind at rest...my confidence was being knocked! I haven't had this problem with any other clients, just this one. But as she says she usually has hers done by a 15 yr odd experienced tech and not had the problem before i thought i must have done something wrong :confused: I will in future learn to express my concerns over infilling someone elses work!
Thanks x

Latest posts

Back