New Client Problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailzzz

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I recently started using a booking app to let clients and new clients book online. I have worked multiple previous jobs before doing nails and have had one terrible experience with a coworker that was extremely rude to me, other coworkers, and customers which led her to be forced to resign. It was years ago and I have not seen her since and know I wouldn’t feel comfortable around her if I ever saw her again. She just booked an appointment online and now I don’t know what to do. I know I would not feel comfortable around her at all due to the past, but is it wrong to cancel her appointment if I have never even done her nails before? Has anyone else had this situation before, if so what would you do?

I would allow this nightmare client an appointment actually if you have got the courage. I had a horror once upon a time and although we argued about her lack of courtesy with my booking her in and her not turning up she learned her lesson.
I aren't her best friend now by any means but I just think of the money and am polite, professional and get the job done. I don't like her one bit but I can be fake with her when she arrives. Time passes quickly and when she has gone I am richer and she has booked in once again.
We all go through life with various troubles which can impact on how we interact with others. She could be so changed and maybe will be ok with you and you with her. Obviously it is totally your choice , your business not hers means that you definitely call the shots.
Tricky decision for you but I would allow her the chance to come. Maybe she is changed....... but that is your decision alone to make.
Best of luck.

I would allow this nightmare client an appointment actually if you have got the courage. I had a horror once upon a time and although we argued about her lack of courtesy with my booking her in and her not turning up she learned her lesson.
I aren't her best friend now by any means but I just think of the money and am polite, professional and get the job done. I don't like her one bit but I can be fake with her when she arrives. Time passes quickly and when she has gone I am richer and she has booked in once again.
We all go through life with various troubles which can impact on how we interact with others. She could be so changed and maybe will be ok with you and you with her. Obviously it is totally your choice , your business not hers means that you definitely call the shots.
Tricky decision for you but I would allow her the chance to come. Maybe she is changed....... but that is your decision alone to make.
Best of luck.
Thank so much for the advice!

I agree with RosieR. Wherever that money comes from, sometimes you just have to hold your nose and smile.
That said, one whiff of misbehaviour and she would be gone. Especially as you already have a handle on her past misdemeanors.
Same as Rosie, I don't like everyone client that walks through the door, but thankfully the good ones make up for them in spades.
One tip though, try booking her in either first thing, so you're not anxious waiting for her arrival all day, or the last appointment of the day, so you have time to deal with anything she throws at you and then you're glass of wine (or whatever floats your boat) and a breather, will not be far away. Good luck.

Hello everyone, I recently started using a booking app to let clients and new clients book online. I have worked multiple previous jobs before doing nails and have had one terrible experience with a coworker that was extremely rude to me, other coworkers, and customers which led her to be forced to resign. It was years ago and I have not seen her since and know I wouldn’t feel comfortable around her if I ever saw her again. She just booked an appointment online and now I don’t know what to do. I know I would not feel comfortable around her at all due to the past, but is it wrong to cancel her appointment if I have never even done her nails before? Has anyone else had this situation before, if so what would you do?
“know I wouldn’t feel comfortable around her if I ever saw her again”. You may have answered your own question.

So you could either bite the bullet and think it was years ago so perhaps she has changed (maybe not though) but perhaps give her the benefit of the doubt, OR [controversial] say there was an error with the booking / block her from booking. Yes, it's money but I just think sometimes sacrificing your mental is not worth it. x

Thanks everyone for the tips and advice I appreciate it! Her appointment is in just a few days, I decided to give it one chance since it was years ago so we shall see how it goes. I have not had to fire or block any clients from booking yet so this situation has been nerve racking to me!

There is always the possibility that she doesn't know you are a coworker from years ago, OR it might be someone with the same name and not actually her (unless her contact info is the same of course).

I hope it all turns out to be a non-issue.

I had a similar situation and it turned out to be great. Her mom was booked in and she decided that she would book too. Because of her mom, I couldn't cancel, so I had to do it. She was absolutely fine, never mentioned the incident and has now become a regular client.
Have faith and don't be a walk over. That way you aren't leaving Any room for funny business xx

Latest posts

Back