Help, extensions gone grey/purple

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisy020913

Reaction score
I've just reviewed my new Mongolian extensions today . Purple shampooed them just now as I have done with every set of extensions I've ever purchased . These have gone streaky with grey and purple . Is there anything I can do or have I just wrecked them ?

Took me ages to decide what colour and company to use too . God sake this kind of crap always happens to me

Oh no poor you! It sounds as though the hair was just that little bit more porous which is very common with hair extensions, as has just taken on more of the dye than you would have liked. Maybe something like a clarifying shampoo will help to remove some of the pigment, you might not get them back to how they were, but it might help to tone it down a little.

Wash them with clarifying shampoo. If thats fails fairy liquid.

Did you keep an eye on them when you had the silver shampoo on?

Yes cam . It was on and off . Totally gutted . No where on the web page did it say you couldn't use purple shampoo . I have to use it because my hair always likes to be warm . If I'd of known I wouldn't of purchased from transform xtensions I'd of just stuck with euphoria one . There's didn't do this .

Really annoyed me . £122 wasted and transform have been less than helpful .

Yes cam . It was on and off . Totally gutted . No where on the web page did it say you couldn't use purple shampoo . I have to use it because my hair always likes to be warm . If I'd of known I wouldn't of purchased from transform xtensions I'd of just stuck with euphoria one . There's didn't do this .

Really annoyed me . £122 wasted and transform have been less than helpful .

I would've took them to a hairdresser honestly. Its hard enough for us to colour extensions they're a pain in the arse!

Just keep washing them in clarifying shampoo.

I've got the washing up liquid on them now !!!! It's lifting . Phew ! What am I going to do if I have them put in and my own hair goes brassy , which it always does , I normally use purple shampoo every other was .

It sounds like the hair is quite porous which can happen with light shades. I would agree with the above comment and keep using clarifying shampoo or washing up liquid! just be careful with the washing up liquid if it is coloured as it might absorb some of the colouring. If all else fails you can apply a peroxide shampoo to strip it but if your not a hairdresser I don't suggest doing this yourself.
If your worried about it happening again when your wearing them you could always apply conditioner to the mid lengths and ends before applying your purple shampoo. it should form a barrier and prevent staining from the shampoo but its not guaranteed. you could always test it on a couple of strands 1st before its fitted.

Latest posts

Back