Help Eyebrow waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poshpinks

Reaction score
Hi everyone

was wondering if you can help I am new to waxing and I love waxing legs underarms and bikinis but i am not confident at all about eyebrows . I did a friends the other day and one was ok and the other i took to much off and one had a curve in the middle the other went in a striaght line i felt horrible. I wanted to do a good job as she may have told her friend and then i may have got new clients but I feel I really messed up how can i learn to know where the curve goes (i was shown and told on the course about lining were you want the curve with the pupil of the eye but find it really hard to put in to pracites ) . How do you decide what shape to give someone feel very unsure weather i should be offering eyebrow waxing as a service i can do.
Any tips or addvice would really be appreciated. x

When I am waxing brows, I removed the majority of the hairs with wax and tidy up with tweezers. Otherwise its difficult to get the right shape on both by controlling the wax. Still follow the same rules for the shape.
It get easier so bear with it.

A good idea is to always start with the one that you find most difficult.........that way it's easy to match up the other one.

What particular problem are you having (aside from nerves)?

I'm working on a brow tutorial for the geeks but please bear with me. I'll also be running my 'Become a Brow Queen' masterclasses across the UK very soon. I'll teach you to overcome your fear and master the art of Brow design.xxx

It might be of help to wax the'stragglers' off first, and then do more - bit by bit, until you've got the right effect. More painful for the lclient, but maybe just until you're confident about it.
I always say "I can take a bit more off, but I can't put it back on again !":lol:
HTH

Do you wax off in one go? or work in sections? Depending on the clients brows I work in 2 sections. I wax the inner part of the brow and then outer edge of the brow. So its easy to create a nice arch or curve in the middle. And as others have mentioned I tweeze any random hairs that may remain to perfect my shape.

Hi poshpinks

I have recently had the same dilema ive been a holistic therapist for 6 years and a beauty therapist for 2yrs, been mobile and working from home and like yourself love waxing the legs,bikini,arms etc, but when it comes to eyebrows:eek: just like you fear im going to take too much off and not be able to get the shape the client requires.

I posted a thread on here myself the other day, waxing mistakes.

The waxing Queen and Nicki Marie who have replyed to your thread gave me some advice and now feel cool about eyebrows.

Got good advice about my temprature of the wax and now the last two days its been great no problems at all now as I found setting it on 3 was,nt thin enough now its set on 5 its great.

the other tip I can give you is when your doing the eyebrows go to mc,donalds :) and the wooden strirring sticks you use for your coffee, wellllllll grabbed quite a few the other night hehehehe and tried them out and guess what there great much better than the eyebrow sticks for the underneath part of the eye, also what I got told is your waxing strips cut them down thinner so not to grab too much hair and works a treat these geeks on here certainly know there stuff gave me great advice and worked a treat.

Watch out for waxing queens tutorial there really good explains everything in an easy way to understand.
took there advice and now iim doing eyebrows with more confidence

hope all goes well

Thanks everyone that helps loads. x

the other tip I can give you is when your doing the eyebrows go to mc,donalds :) and the wooden strirring sticks you use for your coffee, wellllllll grabbed quite a few the other night hehehehe

Well I'm sorry, I'd never advise anyone to do that..................KFC are much better :)

No seriously geeks, if you take what you do seriously, don't go scraping around for bits of stuff here and there. Buy a nice pointed spatula from any wholesaler that you can clean and re-use, they only cost a couple of quid. Or, when you have a minute, spilt or cut a wooden spatula and shape it the way you want it with scissors and a nail file to smooth the edges. I prefer a sharp straight edge so I can see exactly where the wax is going. xxx

Dont like KFC wax queen too friggin greasy tasts like cack:)

Oh c'mon people it's 7.32am right now and after reading a seamingly innocent waxing post i've now got a major hankering for fast food!

I work right next to a KFC & McDonalds as well.

Damn you all i'm off for a mcbreakfast!

Don't be to hard on yourself when i was at college my friend waxed off a ladys eyebrow almost completely ! she doesn't offer this service anymore lol !!
One thing is certain it WILL get easier ! the more you do the more confidence you gain !!:lol:

Latest posts

Back