Help for a dimwit...colourists and extensionists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nietta

Reaction score
i am CLUELESS about hair ladies, I just know mine is a bit of a mess....

It is shoulder length at the moment, and i want extensions in. I do them, well have just qualified, and have a colour ring for real human remy hair....but theres a pillarbox red, a pinky red and a plum red.....None of these are what i want, can anyone recommend a way round this? I have never dyed extensions, but if i was going to would i buy a lighter extension or the same colour as my hair type?

COLOURISTS.....my hair is dark brown! In extension colours we're talking a 2, no idea what 'base' in your colouring world :S It does have dye on it already. How can i acheive the colour below without bleach? As its not in excellent condition. I have also seen on here that there is a Wella Magma, which lifts even the darkest hair and then tones it? 44 or 56 is a bright red?

God i hope someone can give me some answers...I went to 3 hair salons and they were useless!!!!!:Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared:

amyhbag030811.jpg

1. You can buy hair that is professionally colour matched. It is not available pre-tipped, so only suitable for resin bonded method. It is also not cut price.

2, The dark brown dye would need to be stripped out before colouring red. Magma wouldnt work, as it will not lift dark tint.

can i strip ot without using bleach? My hairdresser said they wouldnt strip it because it would really damage it because its quite thin and fine x

I think you might be better off just matching some extensions to your current colour.

You will save the condition of your hair in the long run.

I think you might be better off just matching some extensions to your current colour.

You will save the condition of your hair in the long run.

ive been dark brown or black for my whole life, ive been really short, frankie sandford short, bobbed, 'pob'bed, mid length choppy, long, longer, full fringe, blunt fringe, short fringe, side fringe.....you get the idea!! Ive done it all with brown hair! time for something fresh and vibrant, it just seems to be quite hard to figure out a way to do this :S

I've been black, brown, blonde, white, copper, red, purple, long, really long, short, really short. Extensions. Clippered. You name it I've had it. After being through it all I've learnt to value my hair and to stick with what looks natural.

I know as hairdressers we have to keep with current fashion trends and be able to display our finest work but a lot of the time it's more flattering, and far less damage, being closer to your natural.

My honest advice is to stick with the darker colours you're used to for the sake of your hair and obviously it suits you since you've stuck with it for so long.

OR find a good, reputable salon that will help you achieve your desired colour and be patient. It may take some time to achieve it but it will be done with the condition of your hair's best interest.

Latest posts

Back