Help! How can I speed up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kristina411

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Ive been doing nails now for 6 months. Im scared to death to work on acrylic clients as it takes me forever to do a fill or a full set....Im talking hours. Seems that the initial filing takes me so long. Any suggestions on how I can speed up my process. I use Creative product and mostly do Forever French. I dont have a lot of acrylic clients due to my lack of speed.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Kristina411

You need to have a lot of practice. It's takes me 1 1/2 hours to do fullset plus chatting. Anyway, if you do a good job with your clients, they will happy to come back even though you takes time. Dont get afraid!

• Having a set routine and
  • doing each step to all nails
  • Using only a few of your favorite tools to do the job
  • not checking your work every 5 seconds
  • using efficient techniques (see 'nailclass')
These are my top five tips for speeding up the process.

im also very slow (gel), but thankfully it doesnt seem to bother my clients as im not salon based, well slows not the word really because i sit down and i feel like it's only half an hour and im done..then i look and it's about 2.5 hrs :o

thanks geeg for the suggestion of not checkin your work every five mins...i think that cud be wat has slowed me down some what, iv never thought not to do that before, ill check it every 15 instead..lol

wendyrose said:
im also very slow (gel), but thankfully it doesnt seem to bother my clients as im not salon based, well slows not the word really because i sit down and i feel like it's only half an hour and im done..then i look and it's about 2.5 hrs :o

thanks geeg for the suggestion of not checkin your work every five mins...i think that cud be wat has slowed me down some what, iv never thought not to do that before, ill check it every 15 instead..lol

:biggrin: That made me laugh. When I watch students, the 2 things that stand out for time wasting are (1) that they are always stopping to check and scrutinize their work at every stage (there comes a time when you should be fairly confident as to how you have laid down your product and not have to do this) and (2) they use far too many different tools and abrasives when one or 2 will do (picking up and putting down different tools all the time, is a REAL time waster.)

I have to admit that was my downfall - checking my work every few minutes! I used to do full set in 2.5 hours, not down to just 2 - I have been doing it for three months - and at the end of the day it is practise!! I practise evry couple of days anmd this helps as you have no pressure with someone there - i practise applying the L & P on tips.

haha oh god three months? im doin them a year and im still 2.5, im a rite chatter tho too :o

i can actually do my own faster or about the same time cos i dont talk to myself...(anymore)

I was taking 2.5 hours a couple of months ago, then got down to two. Now that i am in a salon working i need to be a lot quicker. This makes me stressed if a client comes in late. But i still managed to catch up. I bet you can be quicker if you really wanted too or put under pressure. This was the advice i got last week and i didnt belive it until i was actually put under pressure. I can now do a set 1.45 and i feel comfortable with that. Find out what part you take the longest in, and why. If it is that you are checking your work every 5 mins then as said dont. Also if your application techniques are improving then you wont need to file as much at the end. his is what i often do and it rarely needs it.

Latest posts

Back